Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hide network mount from df commands Post 302218128 by Ikon on Thursday 24th of July 2008 12:29:21 PM
Old 07-24-2008
I havnt tried this but try putting a . infront of the mount point. So it would be /mnt/.mounted_directory

EDIT:Just tried that and it still shows up in df
I cant find anyway to hide it from df. Not sure why you would want to, best bet is just to not give any permissions top people that you dont want to access it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide my shell commands

I am writing a tool that connects using SSH to a remote server and perform some actions (through root) However - I would like to hide my operations so they will be hard to track. I tried STRACE on the SSHD process and saw all the traffic going there so I am quite transparent to STRACE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Configuration Commands.....

I need to know what commands I will need to use to change a host name, IP Address, and network configurations (routerings, dns, etc) and a Unix SCO machine. Also, if there is any short tutorials on using the commands, i would defiently like that information. Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HandleX
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to auto mount remote sshfss over network

I have the folorwing three shel accounts on remote servers which i would like to auto mount at boot, bu have the auto mount be preceded by a check for an active Ethernet or 802.11 connection prito running the sshfs command. porter@tty.freeshelll.org cent1750@tty.freeshell.org... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure sudoers in order to hide some sudo commands.

Hi Unix.com people! :) My question, I think, it's easy to understand. I want to configure my sudoers file (/etc/sudoers) in order to hide automatically, some repetitive and annoying commands to be listed on auth.log (/var/log/auth.log). Anyone know something, or know where I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fefafefa
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
cddevsuppl(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     cddevsuppl(8)

NAME
cddevsuppl - Sets and gets the major and minor numbers of a device file on a Rock Ridge format CD-ROM SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cddevsuppl -m mapfile [-c] /usr/sbin/cddevsuppl -u unmapfile [-c] /usr/sbin/cddevsuppl [-c] OPTIONS
Directs cddevsuppl to continue processing the device file mappings if an error is returned for a specific device file mapping. An error message for that specific device file will be printed to standard error. The default action is to stop processing when an error has occurred. This option is useful only when used in combination with the -m mapfile or -u unmapfile options. Maps the major and minor num- bers for device files. The mappings are specified in mapfile. This text file has one entry for each device file mapping in the format: device_file_path new_major new_minor The device_file_path field is the full pathname of the file on the CD-ROM, and the new_major and new_minor fields are integers. The fields are separated by white space. The entries are separated by newlines. Anything beyond the third field is ignored. The follow- ing is an example of mapfile: /mnt/dev/ttys4 8 2050 /mnt/dev/zero 38 0 The maximum number of mappings for a Rock Ridge compact disk is defined in the header file <sys/cdrom.h>. If a device file is mapped again, the previous device file mapping for the device file is overridden. Unmaps the major and minor numbers for device files. The mappings are specified in unmapfile. This text file has one entry for each device file mapping in the format: device_file_path The device_file_path field is the full pathname of the file on the CD-ROM. The entries are separated by newlines. Anything beyond the first field is ignored. The following is an example of mapfile: /mnt/dev/zero DESCRIPTION
The cddevsuppl command is used to map and unmap the major and minor numbers of a device file on a mounted Rock Ridge format CD-ROM. The -m mapfile option maps the major and minor number of device files and displays the new setting, if the mapping is successful. This option is used to add new mappings or to change existing mappings, in case the major and minor numbers of the device files are incorrect. The -u unmapfile option removes the existing mappings for files specified in unmapfile and displays the device file and the major/minor numbers as recorded on the CD-ROM. If no options are used, the cddevsuppl command displays the existing device file mappings. If the mapping table is empty, nothing is dis- played. Note: The mapping table is cleared after a mount or umount command. If you want to open a device file on a CD-ROM, the dev option must be specified in the mount command. See mount(8) for more information. RESTRICTIONS
Only the superuser can change administrative CD-ROM features successfully. To read the current device file mappings, the user must have read permission on the device file. Mappings should be established before affected device files are used. If the command is applied for device file mappings when device files have already been opened, the effect of this command on these files is undefined. Only existing devices files on the CD-ROM can be mapped. These files are indicated by the mode: b (block special file) or c (character spe- cial file). Use the ls -l command to display the file modes.. If you access device files on a CD-ROM that are mapped to inappropriate major and minor numbers, undefined results can occur. The device file mappings for a mounted CD-ROM are eliminated when the CD-ROM is unmounted. The cddevsuppl(8) command is not supported in a TruCluster Server environment. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. File not found, file is not a file or directory within a CD-ROM file hier- archy, or access denied. Not user with appropriate privileges. Too many mappings. Parameter error or bad format in a mapping file. File is not a device file. File not previously mapped. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output of the cddevsuppl command when no CD-ROM is mounted and no files are mapped: # cddevsuppl # The fol- lowing example shows the output of the cddevsuppl command after a CD-ROM file system has been mounted: # /usr/sbin/mount -t cdfs -o nover- sion,rrip,dev /dev/disk/cdrom0c /mnt # cddevsuppl # The following example maps the major and minor numbers of files mounted in the previous example and specified in mapfile. Note: If you want, you can issue an ls -l command before and after the cddevsuppl command to verify that the major and minor numbers have changed. # cddevsuppl -m /tmp/mapfile /mnt/dev/ttys4: (8,2050) /mnt/dev/zero: (38,0) The following exam- ple unmaps the major and minor numbers of the file specified in unmapfile file and shows the result of the subsequent cddevsuppl command: # cddevsuppl -u /tmp/unmapfile /mnt/dev/zero: (1,5) # cddevsuppl /mnt/dev/ttys4: (8,2050) The following example unmounts the /mnt file system and shows the output of the subsequent cddevsuppl command: # umount /mnt # cddevsuppl # SEE ALSO
Commands: mount(8) Files: cdfs(4) Functions: cd_setdevmap(3), cd_getdevmap(3) cddevsuppl(8)