Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is a filter ? WExplain any five filters in unix Post 302191233 by matrixmadhan on Friday 2nd of May 2008 02:26:40 AM
Old 05-02-2008
filter ?

homework ?
This User Gave Thanks to matrixmadhan For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Filters

Anyone know where I can find good documentation for IPF on the Internet? Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filters

how to filter one particular row from one text file and copy it in another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajanandhini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between filters of ps

Hi I am a newbie to Unix . I am just trying to understand the difference between various filters for ps. Can someoen pelase explain me whta is the difference between using /usr/bin/ps -ef | grep <PID> or <Process name> and /usr/bin/ps -auxwww| grep <PID> or <Process Name>. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sillybirdie123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick help with UNIX commands (pipes and filters)

Hey all, I need a command line that creates a new file named whatever, say stuff.txt in the current working directory which contains the number of directories in the current working directory, followed by the number of empty files in the current working directory, followed by the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corpsegrinder
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix- filters ppt

Hello.. i want a ppt on unix filters.. can anybody gv me d link 4 that?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shweta_babbar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in filters

Hi, I have input data. 9214919702; B5; 1;20070216; 9231590437; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091022;12;20091022; 9211765888; AZ; 1;20080802;1;20080802;14;20091027; 9231592590; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091026;9;20091026; 9252412219; MM; 1;20070217; 9214917135; MM; 1;20070215; 9214917056; B5; 1;20070215;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
8 Replies

7. Programming

Applying filters

I have a value X, a value DX and an odd integer N (say N=9) and want to create an array such that let X = 10, DX = 2 and N = 9 DIST(1) = X - 4 * DX DIST(2) = X - 3 * DX DIST(3) = X - 2 * DX DIST(4) = X - DX DIST(5) = X DIST(6) = X + DX DIST(7) = X + 2 * DX DIST(8) = X + 3 * DX DIST(9)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies
MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)

NAME
mimedefang.pl - Perl script to scan MIME messages. SYNOPSIS
mimedefang.pl [-f filter] dir DESCRIPTION
mimedefang.pl is a Perl script designed to work with mimedefang(8). It takes a single argument which is a directory which should contain files laid out as described in mimedefang(8). OPTIONS
-f filter Specifies the name of the file containing the filter. If this option is omitted, the default filter /etc/mimedefang-filter is used. OPERATION
mimedefang.pl evaluates the file /etc/mimedefang-filter as a Perl fragment. This file should define the filter procedure. For each part of a MIME message, mimedefang.pl calls filter and disposes of the part as instructed by the filter. The various modes of disposition are described in mimedefang-filter(5). TESTING FILTERS
You are strongly recommended to test your filter before installing it in /etc/mimedefang-filter. To test the filter, save it in a file (e.g. test-filter) and run this command: mimedefang.pl -f test-filter -test This tests the filter for syntactic correctness. If it passes, you can install it as a production filter. (Note that the test tests only for correct Perl syntax; it doesn't make sure your filter does something sensible.) MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS
There are a few other ways to invoke mimedefang.pl: mimedefang.pl -structure < mime_message parses a message on stdin and prints lots of debugging information. mimedefang.pl -prettyprint < mime_message parses a message on stdin and prints it in a "nice" format (depending on your definition of "nice".) mimedefang.pl -features prints a list of detected optional Perl modules. The output looks something like this: SpamAssassin: yes mimedefang.pl -validate calls the function filter_validate, if it is defined in your filter. filter_validate should return an integer; this becomes the exit code. If filter_validate does not exist, an error message is printed and mimedefang.pl exits with an exit code of 1. AUTHOR
mimedefang.pl was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The mimedefang home page is http://www.mimedefang.org/. SEE ALSO
mimedefang(8), mimedefang-filter(5), mimedefang-protocol(7) 4th Berkeley Distribution 8 February 2005 MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)