Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set history key in Solaris Post 302174517 by timontt on Tuesday 11th of March 2008 10:23:48 AM
Old 03-11-2008
Thanks... guys.... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command history in Solaris

Can someone tell me what I can do to maintain a single history file ? As it is it creates a new file for each session. >ls -a .sh_* .sh_history.10106 .sh_history.15240 .sh_history.21635 .sh_history.4291 .sh_history.11311 .sh_history.16593 .sh_history.23709 .sh_history.4661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 vi history

i got solaris 10 DVD and i install it on intel 64. how do i set history to vi for command line? i can use backup space as well, it goes with "^H". this won't work, export EDITOR=vi, it response with not an identifier. thanks itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set delete Key to erase automatically

We need to su to root in 1000 systems, so it is almost impossible to add "stty erase ^H" to every .profile on these systems. Is there any way to set delete key to erase automatically after running "su -"? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Tab key and History

Hi, I'm newbie with HP-UX. My Unix install with DB Oracle. In linux, when we type directory we don't need to type full. We can use Tab key. In Unix, i cannot use Tab key and i need to write whole directory. Other thing, how use Arrow key in Unix? I mean use command already i type. Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzainal
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set top arrow to get the history of last used commands

guys can any one help me how to set top arrow to get the history of last used commands.I am using ksh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot set key issue

Hi I have a plotting function like this- plot '../processing_old/time0.txt' using 1:6 title "1.6" with boxes fs solid 0.05 ls 5,\ 'time0.txt' using 1:6 title "1.7" with boxes fs solid 0.05 ls 6,\ '../processing_new/time0.txt' using 1:6 title "2.0" with boxes fs solid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected behavior bash, set -o vi, history -a, and HISTFILE

I am trying to get my history in sync in multiple bash sections and things aren't working the way I expect. Desired behavior, hitting esc-K in all bash sessions (same userid and machine) will use the same history. Observed behavior: Esc-k shows the history of the current session, rather than... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gg48gg
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris History

why in solaris 10 I do not get history when I have the role as root? computer.root > history I get history:not found I am in computer.root > echo $SHELL /bin/sh computer.root > how can I see roots history in the sh shell? but in other shells I can only see my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different set key multiplot gnuplot

Hello everybody, I am using Windows 10. I need to plot several graphs simultaneously with Gnuplot. The script is: GNUTERM = "wxt" set terminal wxt set termoption enhanced set encoding iso_8859_1 set multiplot layout 2,3 set xtics out set ytics out set xtics nomirror set ytics... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
4 Replies
ZAWAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZAWAY(1)

NAME
zaway - tell other people via Zephyr that you aren't around SYNOPSIS
zaway [ OPTIONS ] [ FILE ] DESCRIPTION
zaway provides a way for you to automatically send replies when other people contact you using zwrite(1). zaway subscribes itself to class "MESSAGE", instance "*", so that it can monitor your incoming messages. It does not affect the operation of any other client receiving messages. zaway is typically run when you are leaving your terminal or display temporarily. zaway usually never exits; when you return to your terminal you should type the interrupt character (usually ^C) in order to make zaway exit. OPTIONS -m STRING Use STRING as the body of the auto-reply message. Any message file (specified on the command line or the default) is ignored. -w Watch the invoking user's location status. If the user is locatable anywhere, no auto-replies will be sent. -h Displays a short usage message and exits. zaway uses a message file (which defaults to $HOME/.away) to describe what reponses should be sent to which senders. The general format of this file is: >name >name message >name message Any number of user names may be specified preceding the message to send to those senders. If a user name appears more than once, the mes- sage will be a concatenation of each of the appropriate messages. There are two special names: "*" indicates that the following message should be sent to all senders and "%" indicates that the following message should only be sent if the user name has not matched yet. If no file is specified, and no default file can be found, the following message is returned: I'm sorry, but I am currently away from the terminal and am not able to receive your message. If a user name does not match any of those listed in the file, and no "*" or "%" field is specified, no return message is sent. All mes- sages are preceded by a signature "Automated reply:". To avoid loops, messages are not sent in response to messages beginning with an "Automated reply:" signature or sent by the same Kerberos principal as the user running zaway. SAMPLE FILE
>eichin >tony Hi there guys! I'm in the other room right now. I'll be back in 5 minutes or so. >jruser Sorry, but I'm gone for the day... >% Hello...I'm not sure who you are. I'll be back soon, though. >* This message comes to you compliments of zaway! The final "compliments" message will be included in all messages, whereas the "I'm not sure" message will only be included in messages that are not from "eichin", "tony", or "jruser". FILES
$HOME/.away SEE ALSO
zephyr(1), zwgc(1), zwrite(1), zhm(8), zephyrd(8) Project Athena Technical Plan Section E.4.1, `Zephyr Notification Service' AUTHOR
Robert S. French (MIT-Project Athena) RESTRICTIONS
Copyright (c) 1987,1988 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved. zephyr(1) specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution. MIT Project Athena July 1, 1988 ZAWAY(1)