Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window Post 302170469 by acclaypool on Monday 25th of February 2008 05:02:44 PM
Old 02-25-2008
I am assuming that this is much more trouble than it is worth.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exiting eXceed window kills my process

Hi, I run a binary application with GUI accessibility. To launch and close the application i follow the following steps: 1.Log into a console session. Export display to the local workstation. 2.Launch X windows app ( eXceed ) 3.From terminal session go to the my application directory and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantaputi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

3. Programming

Proximity-card reader: no data when app window out of focus

Hello. I can't get it work :( My application receives data from em-marin reader only being active. Switching to another app makes the port become silent. MarinReader works in another thread. Port reading is going while the app is inactive (tested). Env: Ubuntu 9.04, Gnome, Qt (i've tryed pure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dp0H
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop until true

Hi I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true done some thing like this until if then cp filename filename.anto fi done Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in bash using strings to bash built-in true

I have the following code and for some reason when I call the program using /home/tcdata/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/bash/raytrac.bash --cmod=jcdint.cmod I get hasArgument = hasArgument = true Somehow the array element is returning even though I have not chosen the option. ... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
41 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Exiting

We are trying to design a flow so that an ETL job shouldn't start until the previous job completes. The script we have written is while ; do sleep 2; done The loop however exits even when the process is actually running. Why could this be happening? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to regain the focus back to the launch window?

Consider this code snippet below:- char=`which afplay` if then xterm -e 'while true; do clear; echo "Press Ctrl-C to Quit..."; afplay /tmp/pulse.wav; done' & > /dev/null 2>&1 fi This launches a second terminal window that generates a specific waveform for the next calibration of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
qmail-log(5)							File Formats Manual						      qmail-log(5)

NAME
qmail-log - the qmail activity record DESCRIPTION
qmail-send prints a series of lines describing its activities. Each possible line is described below. STATUS
status: local l/L remote r/R ... qmail-send is waiting for l local deliveries and r remote deliveries. The concurrency limits are L and R. status: exiting qmail-send is done. FATAL PROBLEMS
alert: cannot start: ... qmail-send is unable to prepare itself for delivering messages; it is giving up. This normally indicates a serious configuration error, but it can be caused by a temporary lack of resources. alert: oh no! lost ... One of the other daemons has died. qmail-send will exit as soon as possible. SERIOUS PROBLEMS
alert: unable to append to bounce message... qmail-send is unable to record a permanent failure, usually because the disk is full. This is a very serious problem; qmail-send cannot proceed without recording the results. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: out of memory... qmail-send tried to allocate more memory and failed. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to opendir... qmail-send is having trouble reading a file list from disk, usually because the system's file descriptor table is full, but possibly because permissions are set incorrectly. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to switch back... qmail-send was sent SIGHUP, and it is unable to reenter the queue directory. This is a very serious problem; qmail-send cannot pro- ceed outside the queue directory. It will try again in ten seconds. alert: unable to reread... qmail-send was sent SIGHUP, but it is unable to read the new controls. It will continue operating with the original controls. MESSAGES
new msg m qmail-send is going to preprocess a queued message. The message number, m, is its disk inode number. After a message is removed from the queue, its number can be reused immediately. info msg m: bytes b from <s> qp q uid u Message m contains b bytes; its envelope sender is s; it was queued by a user with user ID u. q is a long-term queue identifier, the process ID of the qmail-queue that queued the message. bounce msg m qp q Message m had some delivery failures. The long-term queue identifier of the bounce (or double-bounce) message is q. triple bounce: discarding ... Message m had some delivery failures, but it is already a double-bounce message, so it must be thrown away. Triple-bounce messages do not exist. end msg m qmail-send is about to remove message m from the queue. DELIVERIES
starting delivery d: msg m to ... qmail-send is telling qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn to deliver message m to one recipient. The delivery number, d, starts at 1 and increases by 1 for each new delivery. delivery d: success: ... Delivery d was successful. delivery d: failure: ... Delivery d failed permanently. The message will bounce. delivery d: deferral: ... Delivery d failed temporarily. This recipient will be retried later. delivery d: report mangled, will defer There is a serious bug in qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn. This recipient will be retried later. WARNINGS
internal error: delivery report out of range qmail-lspawn or qmail-rspawn has supplied a report on a nonexistent delivery. This is a serious bug. qmail-clean unable to clean up ... For some reason qmail-clean is unable to remove the indicated file. It will try again later. trouble fsyncing ... qmail-send was unable to write to disk the results of preprocessing a queued message. It will try again later. trouble in select There is an operating system bug. trouble injecting bounce message... qmail-send was unable to queue a bounce message, usually because the disk is full. It will try again later. trouble marking ... qmail-send was unable to record the result of a successful or permanently unsuccessful delivery. This means that the delivery will be tried again later. trouble opening ... qmail-send was unable to open the list of local or remote recipients for a message. It will try again later. trouble reading ... Either qmail-send is unable to read a recipient list, or it is unable to read the envelope of a queued message, or it is out of mem- ory. Whatever it was doing, it will try again later. trouble writing to ... qmail-send was unable to preprocess a queued message, usually because the disk is full. It will try again later. unable to create ... qmail-send was unable to preprocess a queued message, usually because the disk is out of inodes. It will try again later. unable to open ... qmail-send is unable to read the envelope of a queued message for preprocessing. It will try again later. unable to start qmail-queue... qmail-send is unable to queue a bounce message, usually because the machine is almost out of memory. It will try again later. This can also be caused by incorrect settings of $QMAILQUEUE or errors in a program or script which $QMAILQUEUE points to. unable to stat ... qmail-send is unable to obtain information about a file that should exist. It will try again later. unable to unlink ... qmail-send is unable to remove a file. It will try again later. unable to utime ... qmail-send is about to exit, and it is unable to record on disk the next scheduled delivery time for a message. The message will be retried as soon as qmail-send is restarted. unknown record type in ... There is a serious bug in either qmail-queue or qmail-send. SEE ALSO
qmail-send(8) qmail-log(5)