Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get read receipt notification on UNIX Post 302170398 by craigp84 on Monday 25th of February 2008 01:52:06 PM
Old 02-25-2008
Hi DejaVu,

Yes! :-) Just add a DNT header (Disposition-Notification-ToSmilie to your outgoing mails. Google it, there's tons of example scripts.

Off the top of my head, untested -

Code:
cat <<EOM | /usr/lib/sendmail -ti -o
To: blaa@foo.com
Subject: I want a receipt!
Disposition-Notification-To: mailbox_th@cares.com

Hi,

Now that you've read this, your Outlook / Thunderbird / whatever client will send a DN to mailbox_th@cares.com

Bye
EOM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to request a "read" or "delivered" receipt for mails

Dears, I've written a script which allows me to send mails in different formats with different attaches. Now I still want to add a feature to this script. My users would like to be able to receive a "read" or "delivered" receipt for their mails. The script send mails on behalve of an specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plelie2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail receipt

how can I control a mail receipt sent from unix using sendmail (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npires
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help on how to read command in unix

can any one please help me how to use "read" command for openig a file.i want to process the file record by record and then needs to search for a particular string at a particular position.can any one please let me know the code.i am new to the shell. below are sample sample records ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoscb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from a file in unix

I have one file data.txt. This data.txt file contain "no of head=3" string. From a shell script I want to check whether data.txt file contains "no of head" string or not, if yes then want to fetch the value 3 and store it in a variable. Anyone plz help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read specific line of text from a Script and send email notification

Hi ! I am a newbie and never officially wrote a shell script before. The requirement for this script is : 1) Read a file called 'bpm.log' and identify if it has a specific text such as 'this is the text'. Its a static value and that is the only text we need to read. 2) If that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting mail receipt and saving attachment

I'm working on a script which is supposed to check an email account and automatically download .doc attachments, but I'm having some problems. I'm using Mutt to check the email account (IMAP), and I can manually get the attachment and saving it, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spynappels
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Receipt

Hi Experts, I am experiencing problems in running the following attached script which is to check received data from user and process it for return delivery. I encounter the below errors and I humbly request your assistance. #FUNCTIONS InvalidKeyword() { #arg1 must be shortcode,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shotta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members, Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. , like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main Please looking forward you guys help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajitnitd
6 Replies
Sendmail::Milter(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Sendmail::Milter(3pm)

NAME
Sendmail::Milter - compatibility interface for Sendmail::PMilter SYNOPSIS
use Sendmail::Milter; Sendmail::Milter::auto_setconn(NAME); Sendmail::Milter::register(NAME, { CALLBACKS }, FLAGS); Sendmail::Milter::main(); DESCRIPTION
This is a compatibility interface which emulates the "standard" Sendmail::Milter API. FUNCTIONS
The following functions are available in this module. Unlike "Sendmail::PMilter", this interface involves a single, global instance of milter data, so these functions are called without an object reference. For each function, see the description of its object-based counterpart in Sendmail::PMilter. Sendmail::Milter::auto_getconn(NAME[, CONFIG]) Sendmail::Milter::auto_setconn(NAME[, CONFIG]) Sendmail::Milter::main([MAXCHILDREN[, MAXREQ]]) Sendmail::Milter::register(NAME, CALLBACKS[, FLAGS]) Sendmail::Milter::setconn(DESC) One extension function is provided by this implementation. Sendmail::Milter::get_milter() Returns the "Sendmail::PMilter" instance underlying this emulation layer. This allows mostly-unmodified milter scripts to set PMilter extensions (such as dispatcher and sendmail.cf values). It is recommended, however, that new code use the object instance methods described in Sendmail::PMilter. EXPORTS
In order to preserve compatibility with the standard "Sendmail::Milter" interface, all SMFI* constants described in Sendmail::PMilter are exported into the caller's namespace by default. (Note that "Sendmail::PMilter" itself does not export these symbols by default.) perl v5.10.1 2011-02-12 Sendmail::Milter(3pm)