Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: global substitution in VI
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users global substitution in VI Post 302165848 by OLweiser on Saturday 9th of February 2008 11:31:38 AM
Old 02-09-2008
thanks, unfortunatley that doesnt work. Although it sends a carriage return, it doesnt translate when opened in a text file and still shows each line continuously.
I know if I can get a true ^M at the end of each line it will work..
any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to know the global zonename from non-global zone?

It is easy to list all zones from global zones, but how to find out the global zone name from non-global zone? thx (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed global substitution for ' character

Hi all, I have a text file containing sql commands. I want to use sed to replace the " character with the ' character. But when i run the command below it just replaces it with a space? Do i have the escape the ' character if i want to use it? cat sql.txt update customer set custid =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see global hostname by logging in non global zones?

Hi guru Could any one help me by letting me know, how to see global hostname by logging in non global zones Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identify a global or non-global Solaris server?

Hi, I have Solaris zone configured with Solaris 9 and 10. In Solaris 10(non global), I use the command “zonename” to get whether it is global or non-global server. For Solaris 9, what command I can use to get whether it is global or non-global server. Regards, Kalai :confused: (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why global var is not global with export

Hi, I try to define global var assuming that I can acces it from multiple sessions/terminal windows, but I can't do this with either comand line or script delcaratino/export. I'm not a root user doing this, but is this should not be matter. Even if I do this lines below in script, being in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Utmp::Utent - represent a single utmp entry SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Utmp; my $utmp = Sys::Utmp->new(); while ( my $utent = $utmp->getutent() ) { if ( $utent->user_process ) { print $utent->ut_user," "; } } $utmp->endutent; DESCRIPTION
As described in the Sys::Utmp documentation the getutent method returns an object of the type Sys::Utmp::Utent which provides methods for accessing the fields in the utmp record. There are also methods for determining the type of the record. The access methods relate to the common names for the members of the C struct utent - those provided are the superset from the Gnu implementation and may not be available on all systems: where they are not they will return the empty string. ut_user Returns the use this record was created for if this is a record for a user process. Some systems may return other information depending on the record type. If no user was set this will be the empty string. If tainting is switched on with the '-T' switch to perl then this will be 'tainted' as it is possible that the user name came from an untrusted source. ut_id The identifier for this record - it might be the inittab tag or some other system dependent value. ut_line For user process records this will be the name of the terminalor line that the user is connected on. ut_pid The process ID of the process that created this record. ut_type The type of the record this will have a value corresponding to one of the constants (not all of these may be available on all systems and there may well be others which should be described in the getutent manpage or in /usr/include/utmp.h ) : ACCOUNTING - record was created for system accounting purposes. BOOT_TIME - the record was created at boot time. DEAD_PROCESS - The process that created this record has terminated. EMPTY - record probably contains no other useful information. INIT_PROCESS - this is a record for process created by init. LOGIN_PROCESS - this record was created for a login process (e.g. getty). NEW_TIME - record created when the system time has been set. OLD_TIME - record recording the old tme when the system time has been set. RUN_LVL - records the time at which the current run level was started. USER_PROCESS - record created for a user process (e.g. a login ) for convenience Sys::Utmp::Utent provides methods which are lower case versions of the constant names which return true if the record is of that type. ut_host On systems which support this the method will return the hostname of the host for which the process that created the record was started - for example for a telnet login. If taint checking has been turned on (with the -T switch to perl ) then this value will be tainted as it is possible that a remote user will be in control of the DNS for the machine they have logged in from. ( see perlsec for more on tainting ) ut_time The time in epoch seconds wt which the record was created. BUGS
Probably. This module has been tested on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD ,SCO Openserver and SCO UnixWare and found to work on those platforms. If you have difficulty building the module or it doesnt behave as expected then please contact the author including if appropriate your /usr/include/utmp.h AUTHOR
Jonathan Stowe, <jns@gellyfish.com> LICENCE
This Software is Copyright Jonathan Stowe 2001-2006 This Software is published as-is with no warranty express or implied. This is free software and can be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl. Sys::Utmp::Utent perl v5.14.2 2006-10-13 Sys::Utmp::Utent(3pm)