Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 'Best' AIX book for beginners ? Post 302133727 by kduffin on Saturday 25th of August 2007 02:05:51 AM
Old 08-25-2007
When you say you are a beginner, is that just for AIX or UNIX in general? For instance, if you were already familiar with Solaris, you could use Redbook's Sun Solaris to IBM AIX 5L Migration: A Guide for System Administrators. If you are new to both AIX and UNIX, Redbook's IBM eServer Certification Study Guide - pSeries AIX System Administration may be a good start.

Also, a small investment on Ebay for an inexpensive server, unless you have you you can play with at will, is a worthwhile investment. You could get something quite sufficent for under $50 - just make sure you have the O/S handy

Cheers,

Keith

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

X-programming for beginners

Good morning. Thanks for the very valuable hard-to-find information I get from you guys. Can anybody give any suggested websites or references for anyone who wants to begin learning on programming applications in X? Thanks to anyone in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

unix course for beginners

does anyone know of a course for unix beginners (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moose
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good unix "for lamers/beginners" book?

Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
16 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Reference Book

Hi Guys, Can any one please provide me the link where i can download good reference book for AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

I am new to non Windows operating systems. Does anyone have advice on which UNIX OS vendor would be good for learning purposes. I was looking for a version of UNIX that runs on the Intel platform. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
14 Replies

6. AIX

Need a Good AIX Book

I'm an AIX newby:eek: and need to learn fast (I go on a course in a few week's time but I need to know some stuff now:mad:). Can anybody recommend a good AIX book please? Not too basic though - I've been in software for many years (8bit/16bit/32bit, etc, Intel/Microsoft/FORTRAN/68000/anything... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennant Man
9 Replies

7. AIX

Good book for AIX

Hi guys, From where can i download a good book on AIX other than redbooks from IBM website. I am also looking for the below book. AIX 5L Administration By Randal K. Michael (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
3 Replies

8. AIX

Required AIX Simulator \Command reference book

Sir, Iam required AIx simulator If any send the download link I required it for practice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arif185
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

i'm just a beginner in unix environment- please help which book to read and which os to use!!! :confused: seriously i've no idea what is unix or how much capable it is!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav singh
1 Replies
DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)						 1					     DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)

DOMDocument::getElementById - Searches for an element with a certain id

SYNOPSIS
public DOMElement DOMDocument::getElementById (string $elementId) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to "DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName" but searches for an element with a given id. For this function to work, you will need either to set some ID attributes with "DOMElement::setIdAttribute" or a DTD which defines an attribute to be of type ID. In the later case, you will need to validate your document with "DOMDocument::validate" or DOMDocument::$vali- dateOnParse before using this function. PARAMETERS
o $elementId - The unique id value for an element. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DOMElement or NULL if the element is not found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DOMDocument::getElementById() Example The following examples use book.xml which contains the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE books [ <!ELEMENT books (book+)> <!ELEMENT book (title, author+, xhtml:blurb?)> <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT blurb (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST books xmlns CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST books xmlns:xhtml CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST book id ID #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST author email CDATA #IMPLIED> ]> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?> <books xmlns="http://books.php/" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <book id="php-basics"> <title>PHP Basics</title> <author email="jim.smith@basics.php">Jim Smith</author> <author email="jane.smith@basics.php">Jane Smith</author> <xhtml:blurb><![CDATA[ <p><em>PHP Basics</em> provides an introduction to PHP.</p> ]]></xhtml:blurb> </book> <book id="php-advanced"> <title>PHP Advanced Programming</title> <author email="jon.doe@advanced.php">Jon Doe</author> </book> </books> <?php $doc = new DomDocument; // We need to validate our document before refering to the id $doc->validateOnParse = true; $doc->Load('book.xml'); echo "The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: " . $doc->getElementById('php-basics')->tagName . " "; ?> The above example will output: The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: book SEE ALSO
DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName. PHP Documentation Group DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)