Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Asterisk / SIP Question.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Asterisk / SIP Question. Post 302130349 by petebear on Sunday 5th of August 2007 06:42:59 PM
Old 08-05-2007
Asterisk / SIP Question.

I've asked this question on many other forums and no one seems to know, so that's why I posted in the experts forume. So I just got a new sip phone. It is connected via usb to box A in my bedroom. Box B is in the living room and is running asterisk connected with a Zaptel card to a POTS line. I'm having trouble setting up the phone. Does does box A with the sip phone connected to it need to also be running asterisk? Is there a default asterisk config file for SIP clients? How do I set up box B to be a SIP server to box A? Both box and b sit on the same lan. Any help is appreciated.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. IP Networking

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally

How to interconnect two Asterisk Servers with a SIP trunk Internationally Is it possible to setup an asterisk box in ex. Colombia S.A and another in the USA, setting up trunks between the boxes to speak to each other via sip or aix, create extensions, forward any incoming call on that local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)						   User Commands					    GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)

NAME
gnome-phone-manager - Manage your mobile phone USAGE
gnome-phone-manager [--identify=PORT] [--config=PORT] [-d|--debug] [--display=DISPLAY] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gnome-phone-manager command. gnome-phone-manager is a program created to allow you to control aspects of your mobile phone from your GNOME desktop. Current features include: - Runs in the background; indicates status on the panel notification area, - Display on-screen alert when text message (SMS) arrives, - Text message (SMS) sending facility with Evolution Addressbook integration, - Sync phone clock with the computer's. OPTIONS
Help Options: -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-gst Show GStreamer Options Application Options: --identify=PORT Show model name of the phone connected to the given PORT which can be a Bluetooth address or a device file --config=PORT Write the configuration file for gnokii debugging of the phone connected to the given PORT which can be a Bluetooth address or a device file -d, --debug Enable debug --display=DISPLAY X display to use SEE ALSO
Homepage: http://live.gnome.org/PhoneManager AUTHOR
gnome-phone-manager was written by Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net> and Edd Dumbill <edd@usefullinc.com> This manual page was written by Francesco Namuri <francesco@namuri.it> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Francesco Namuri June 2011 GNOME-PHONE-MANAGER(1)