Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command??? Post 302114412 by reborg on Sunday 15th of April 2007 04:23:57 PM
Old 04-15-2007
No, there is no way to do so.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Linux

recover deleted files from memory stick

I'm running Fedora Core4. I deleted images off of my Sony DSC-P73 digital camera's memory stick. I'm looking for a *nix tool to recover the photos from the memory stick. Does anyone know of such a tool? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover deleted files in unix

Hi Experts, by mistake i deleted some files that are very important to the project. is there any way that i can recover those files,there is no backup for that but the details of the file we know. This will be a great help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover Deleted Folder using rm command

Hi All, I accidentally deleted a important folder using rm command. Can i recover that folder. I don't have any backup mechanism. Please suggest.... its very urgant..Plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay.gandra
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Recover deleted files from linux server machine..

Hi, I am working Linux server machine. Somebody by mistake(or may be knowingly) deleted few folders and files from the machine. How is this possible to recover those files and folders????:confused: I normally logged in through Putty and winscp only. And don't have any history for putty... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
8 Replies

8. Linux

Recover deleted files on Linux server

Hi Guys, Greetings!. I have executed the cronjob that runs the shell script which is in directory.When the cronjob was executed , I found that the directory where the script resides has got deleted. Note: The directory was deleted with other use not root user. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminisce
9 Replies
MIWM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MIWM(1)

NAME
miwm - a minimal appearance, full-function window manager SYNOPSIS
miwm DESCRIPTION
MIWM is Ben Wise's MInimal Window Manager. It is pronounced 'my whim'. The goal of miwm is to be a fully functional window manager, while retaining a very spare (Zen or Spartan, as you please) appearance and command-set. WARNING
This man page is VERY MUCH under construction. It is not complete, and blatantly contains leftover pieces of the man page I used as a tem- plate. Do not rely on anything you find here. COMMANDS
The notation for describing commands is that Mouse-1-frame means 'button 1 click on frame', C-Mouse-3-root means 'control button 3 click on root', Mouse-1-frame Raise. Mouse-2-frame Move. Mouse-2-root Select virtual workspace. Mouse-3-frame Hide. Filenames passed to miwm can be directories or deleted files. If a directory that is not deleted is passed to miwm, then the deleted files or directo- ries in it will be restored; if the recursive option is specified, then all deleted files or directories in any of its children will be restored as well. The shell wildcards * and ?, as well as shell brace notation using [ and ], are interpreted correctly by miwm. It is possible to pass wildcards to the program without the wildcards being intercepted by the shell by setting noglob (in csh) or by quoting the wildcards. To delete a file that actually has a wildcard in its name, you must precede the quoted wildcard with a quoted backslash. If no files are specified on the command line, miwm goes into interactive mode. In interactive mode, the user is prompted to enter files to be restored, one file per line. Typing a carriage return on an empty prompt line exits the program. Wildcards and quoting backslashes can be entered directly at the prompt without any shell interference (which is the main reason there is an interactive mode). OPTIONS
Miwm No command-line options. KNOWN BUGS
The code is too complicated. No icon support. SEE ALSO
9wm(1), aewm(1) AUTHOR
Ben Paul Wise RESTRICTIONS
Copyright (c) 1998-2003 by Ben Paul Wise. All rights reserved. MIWM(1) specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution. Ben Paul Wise 06 May 2003 MIWM(1)