Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show the Difference between two files Post 302110270 by The One on Sunday 11th of March 2007 10:24:44 PM
Old 03-11-2007
Show the Difference between two files

I have two files and I need to know the difference between each line. This will extend to thousand lines and manual works is really not really an option.
sample:

First File Second File
allan entry1 entry2 entry3 allan entry1 entry3
bob entry1 entry2 entry3 entry4 bob entry1 entry4

I want to output the difference only. Sample output:

allan entry2
bob entry2 entry3

I know that simple grep will not work here. UNIX is new to me and this is the only way i think this can be done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to show files on web page

hello Unix guru i want to show performance results on my internal website . We are manitaing the site through Wiki . I have to add new page in that . can someone help me to write shell script for that .. i want to display files datewise . my files names are starting with date . if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files one file is dependent and it does not show an output

xxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi, How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files. File A aaa bbb ccc 111 222 File B aaa ccc 111 Output bbb 222 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambit97
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all text files in directories and subdirectories

Hi! I am trying to find all text files in my home directory that contain the string "C-d" so I tyied this : cd ~ find . -type f -exec grep -l "C-d" {} + but it took very long so I tryed this : ls -aR | xargs file |grep text but it didn't descend in the directories and it said :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelamahim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and show count same content.

$ cat File1 Non HTTP response code:java.net.ConnectException225073X 000000005143329Load time: 402335410224 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException206423X 000000005143330Load time: 402305687161 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException290212X 000000005143331Load time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show unique strings in two files

how to display the unique strings in two files using shell script or commands. I tried diff and cmp but it shows the entire line, i need only the mismatched strings. File1: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,lilly,lotus white,red,blue,green,pink File2: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,sunflower,lotus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show difference between two number

Hi, I would like to show the difference between two numbers. For example. input.txt 1 7 2 10 0 0 6 7 I would like a third field showing the difference between the numbers as below: ouput.txt 1 7 6 2 10 8 0 0 0 6 7 1 How do I do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show 'All Files' If all file can find.

fileset='APP11.txt APP12.txt SPACEDB11.txt WEB11.txt WEB12.txt' Hi there, Give the fileset, if I can use grep to find all the files. How do I show: All Servers: instead of APP11.txt: APP12.txt: SPACEDB11.txt: WEB11.txt: WEB12.txt: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies

10. AIX

Compare two files and show the mismatch columns

I need to compare two files and find the mismatch columns in it for csv and fixed width file. Eg: file1 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 1,a,4,d 2,b,5,e 3,c,6,f file2 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 3,x,7,f 2,y,8,e 1,z,9,d output c2,c3<---- mismatch columname a,4 x,7 b,5 or y,8 Ok with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabzR
3 Replies
iwidgets::labeledframe(1)					  [incr Widgets]					 iwidgets::labeledframe(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
iwidgets::labeledframe - Create and manipulate a labeled frame widget SYNOPSIS
iwidgets::labeledframe pathName ?options? INHERITANCE
itk::Archetype <- iwidgets::Labeledframe STANDARD OPTIONS
background borderwidth cursor foreground relief See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: iPadX Class: IPad Command-Line Switch: -ipadx Specifies horizontal padding space between the border and the childsite. The value may have any of the forms acceptable to Tk_Get- Pixels. The default is 0. Name: iPadY Class: IPad Command-Line Switch: -ipady Specifies vertical padding space between the border and the childsite. The value may have any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPix- els. The default is 0. Name: labelBitmap Class: Bitmap Command-Line Switch: -labelbitmap Specifies a bitmap to display in the label, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetBitmap. This option overrides the labeltext option. Name: labelImage Class: Image Command-Line Switch: -labelimage Specifies a image to be used as the label. The image may be any of the values created by the image create command. This option overrides both the labelbitmap and labeletext options. Name: labelMargin Class: Margin Command-Line Switch: -labelmargin Specifies the distance between the inner ede of the hull frames relief, and the label in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPix- els. The default is 10 pixels. Name: labelText Class: Text Command-Line Switch: -labeltext Specifies the text of the label around the childsite. Name: labelVariable Class: Variable Command-Line Switch: -labelvariable Specifies the text variable of the label around the childsite. Name: labelFont Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -labelfont Specifies the font of the label around the childsite. Name: labelPos Class: Position Command-Line Switch: -labelpos Specifies the position of the label within the grooved relief of the hull widget. ne, n, nw, se, s, sw, en, e, es, wn, w, ws Default is n. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The iwidgets::labeledframe command creates a hull frame with a grooved relief, a label positioned within the grooved relief of the hull frame, and a frame childsite. The frame childsite can filled with any widget via a derived class or though the use of the childsite method. This class was designed to be a general purpose base class for supporting the combination of labeled frame and a childsite. The options include the ability to position the label at configurable locations within the grooved relief of the hull frame, and control the display of the label. METHODS
The iwidgets::labeledframe command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for labeledframe widgets: WIDGET-SPECIFIC METHODS pathName childsite Return the path name of the child site. pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwid- gets::labeledframe command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::labeledframe command. COMPONENTS
Name: label Class: label The label component provides the label for the labeled widget. See the "label" widget manual entry for details on the label compo- nent item. EXAMPLE
The labeledframe was primarily meant to be a base class. The Radiobox is a good example of a derived classe of the labeledframe class. In order to provide equal support for composite classes, the 'childsite' methods also exists. The following is an example of 'childsite' method usage. package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::labeledframe .lw -labeltext "Entry Frame" -labelpos n pack .lw -fill both -expand yes -padx 10 -pady 10 set cs [.lw childsite] pack [iwidgets::entryfield $cs.entry1 -labeltext "Name:"] -side top -fill x pack [iwidgets::spinint $cs.entry2 -labeltext "Number:"] -side top -fill x pack [iwidgets::pushbutton $cs.entry3 -text "Details:"] -side top -fill x AUTHOR
John A. Tucker KEYWORDS
labeledframe, widget Tk iwidgets::labeledframe(1)