Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Path of Recycle Bin on Windows Post 302103613 by milhan on Friday 19th of January 2007 01:44:55 PM
Old 01-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
It's not that simple. It is a hidden system directory called RECYCLER in the root directory. There is a strange looking subdirectory whose name must match a registry key. The files are renamed and moved in there. A hidden file called INFO2 must get some data added to it. Open a cmd window and use "dir /A" to see the files.
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\user>dir /A
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is ***

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\user

01/19/2007  10:40 AM    <DIR>          .
01/19/2007  10:40 AM    <DIR>          ..

Last edited by milhan; 01-19-2007 at 03:32 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add bin to variable PATH and save changes

i wrote a script and is running. I add the path bin to variable PATH, i.e. PATH=$PATH/bin. i add this to PATH in order to run the script in any path working directory. Thats ok. The problem is as son as i close the session and start a new session, changes are lost. How can i tell the shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

intro to UNIX - making a sort-of recycle bin (for fun)

Hello, I'm only taking Intro to UNIX in school right now, so please bear with me. My problem is with a sort-of recycle-bin rig I've created for fun. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04, I am the admin. (only user, actually) of this computer. I'm using this script in ~/.bashrc # if files exist, remove contents... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Bin Script

Hello, I have having problems with an assignment and am pretty desperate. My assignment is to create a shell script that does a Recycle_Bin tasks. You can only open this with PuTTY software or Knoppix. Perhaps on other software that are able to read linux language. My part is stuck... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chueu
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX Recycle Bin - restore function

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing until... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burn88
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with my recycle bin code

Hi~ I have a problem with my recycle bin code. #!/bin/bash if test !-d ~/.recyclebin #if recycle bin does not exists then mkdir ~/.recyclebin # then create recycle bin else mv $1 ~/.recyclebin #else move the deleted file in the recycle bin fi so when I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Bin

what is recycle bin mode in unix??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add to the search path - bin?

Hi, Now I have: /Users/okn/bin for my private shell scripts. How do I add /Users/okn/bin to my PATH? The PATH is right now: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin The .bash_profile doesn't state anything about a PATH (yet). I read about this: PATH=/bin:$PATH
 export PATH or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle bin.

Hi. I've created scripts for a recycle bin that can list, restore and empty it. I only have the problem of deleting two files with the same name. When I do it one file overwrite the other. What could I do to resolve it? The only thing I can think is asking the user to rename file before moving to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
2 Replies
mkfs(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   mkfs(8)

Name
       mkfs - construct a file system

Syntax
       /etc/mkfs [ -N ] special size [ nsect ] [ ntrack ] [ blksize ]
       [ fragsize ] [ ncpg ] [ minfree] [ rps ] [ nbpi ] [ opt ]

Description
       File systems are normally created with the command.

The -N option is used to run in no update mode.	In this mode, will not write to

The  command constructs a file system by writing on the special file special.  The numeric size specifies the number of sectors in the file
       system.	The command builds a file system with a root directory and a lost+found directory.  For further information, see The number of	i-
       nodes is calculated as a function of the file system size.  No boot program is initialized by For further information, see

When  the  on-disks  inodes  of	the  file  system  are written, each contains a unique number in its generation number field.  This number
       uniquely identifies each inode in a file system.

The optional arguments allow fine tune control over the parameters of the file system.  The nsect argument specifies the number of  sectors
       per  track  on the disk.  The ntrack argument specifies the number of tracks per cylinder on the disk.  The blksize argument gives the pri-
       mary block size for files on the file system.  It must be a power of two, currently selected from 4096  or  8192.   The	fragsize  argument
       gives  the  fragment  size  for	files on the file system.  The fragsize argument represents the smallest amount of disk space that will be
       allocated to a file.  It must be a power of two currently selected from the range 512 to 8192.  The ncpg argument specifies the	number	of
       disk  cylinders	per  cylinder  group.  This number must be in the range 1 to 32.  The minfree argument specifies the minimum percentage of
       free disk space allowed.  Once the file system capacity reaches this threshold, only the superuser is allowed to allocate disk blocks.  The
       default	value  is  10%.   If a disk does not revolve at 60 revolutions per second, the rps parameter may be specified.	Users with special
       demands for their file systems are referred to ``A Fast File System for UNIX'' in the ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3: System Man-
       ager  for  a  discussion  of  the tradeoffs in using different configurations.  The nbpi argument specifies the number (ratio) of bytes per
       inode.  The default is 2048 bytes.  The opt argument is used to indicate the whether the file system should optimize  for  space  or  time.
       The opt argument can be assigned a value of s or t.

Restrictions
       If is invoked without arguments, the RISC machines dump core instead of returning an error.

See Also
       dir(5), fs(5), fsck(8), newfs(8), tunefs(8)
       "A Fast File System for UNIX", Supplementary Documents, Volume 3: System Manager

mkfs(8)