Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Permission Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Permission Problem Post 302102552 by bluepluto on Thursday 11th of January 2007 06:52:56 AM
Old 01-11-2007
^_^
# ls -al /testdir
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 96 Jan 11 19:14 .
drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 8192 Jan 11 19:14 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 0 Jan 11 19:14 testfile

ls -ld /testdir
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 96 Jan 11 19:14 /testdir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission problem

I have a crontab job that runs a database backup and directs the output to a log. I ran the job, and the output log file was created with no problems, but now if I try and run the same job again, I keep getting a file exists error. The permissions are: -rw-rw-r-- I also tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Permission problem

I am having problems editing my options and profile etc. Whenever i do, i am getting a message that says I don't have any permissions. Can u tell me a solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyrak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi, We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding : we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release' While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

5. Linux

dos2unix permission problem

Hi All, I want to use the command "dos2unix" to format the file line break from win to unix, but after changing the file permission has been change to 600. how can i keep the original permisson after formatting? Many thz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

file permission problem

Hi Expert, Could you tell me what is the meaning of " + " as shown below: drwxr-xrwx+ /opt Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with execute my file permission

Here is my script. 1 echo -n "Enter file name : " 2 read file 3 chmod 777 $file 4 && W="write = yes" || W="Write = no" 5 chmod 777 $file 6 && X="Execute = yes" || X="Execute = No" 7 chmod 777 $file 8 && R="Read = yes" || R="Read = No" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qral_hdr
0 Replies

10. Slackware

K3b permission problem

When I set up to backup /home to a DVD I am incurring a problem with K3B ver. 2.0.2 saying I (root) has insufficient privileges to access /home/myuser/hp-check.log file. It also does this to the lost+found files for /home and /opt. I am root and the file/directory has read+write privs for root.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies
DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						Debian Build System						 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
dbs-edit-patch - Edit a DBS patch SYNOPSIS
dbs-edit-patch [options] patch dbs-edit-patch -h|--help DESCRIPTION
dbs-edit-patch is script to generate or modify patches for Debian source-packages in DBS format. WARNING
dbs is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide how to do it. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -t dir, --tmpdir=dir Directory for the temporary files, default is /tmp or if set $TMP. -s dir, --sourcedir=dir Top level directory of the debian-package source-tree, default is the present working directory. -P dir, --sourcepatchdir=dir Directory containing upstream patches. -T dir, --sourcetardir=dir Directory containing the upstream tarball. -p level, --strip=level Striplevel -p of patch (Option -p of diff(1)), accepted values are 0 and 1, default is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMP Sets the directory for the temporary files, can be overridden with -t dir. debian/vars dbs-edit-patch will automatically use variables defined in the optional debian/vars file. When a file debian/vars.in exists and debian/vars either does not exist or is older than any of the following files: debian/vars.in, debian/changelog, debian/rules or debian/control, then dbs-edit-patch will try updating the vars file by running the following command make -f debian/rules -W debian/vars.in debian/vars EXAMPLES
Edit the 021_debian patch of Heimdal: ~/heimdal-0.3d> dbs-edit-patch -t/tmp 021_debian Extracting source heimdal-0.3d.tar.gz ... successful. Applying patch 001_replay ... successful. etc. Copying heimdal-0.3d to heimdal-0.3d-old ... successful. Applying patch 021_debian ... successful. Edit files under /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d as required, then put a short description into /tmp/021_debian/patch-description if desired, and finally execute /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch to save the results. Technical note: dbs-edit-patch extracts all patches before 021_debian into /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d, copies the result to /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d-old, and applies the last patch 021_debian (if it exists). Also, it creates a shell script which will create the diff between the old and new directories: ~/heimdal-0.3d> ls -la /tmp/021_debian total 12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 bam users 112 Jan 31 13:31 dbs-update-patch* -rw-r--r-- 1 bam users 0 Jan 31 13:31 patch-description drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d/ drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d-old/ drwxr-xr-x 5 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 .stampdir/ ~/heimdal-0.3d> cat /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch #!/bin/sh -e cd "/tmp/021_debian" HOOK_DIR="/usr/src/heimdal/debian/dbs-hooks" test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-prediff find -name "*.bak" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm find -name "*~" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm : > new_patch test ! -e patch-description || cp patch-description new_patch diff -ruN heimdal-0.3d-old heimdal-0.3d >> new_patch || test $? -eq 1 mv new_patch /usr/src/heimdal/debian/patches/021_debian test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-postdiff SEE ALSO
diff(1), dbs(7), /usr/share/doc/dbs/ AUTHOR
DBS was written by Adam Heath, modified by Ben Collins, modified and packaged for Debian by Brian May. This manpage was generated by Andreas Metzler and modified by Robert Luberda. Debian February 15th, 2011 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)