Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move Large files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move Large files Post 302099901 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of December 2006 02:56:48 PM
Old 12-14-2006
Code:
for i in f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10 f11 f12 f13 f14 f15 f16
do
   mv $i /destination/"$i"  &
done
wait

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Large file move from one server to another

I Have two AIX 5.3 servers. I want to move a 45GB file from Server B to Server A. Can I achieve this with using Tivoli? Or how could I achieve this, by mounting a directory from server B to server A? Any help apreciated! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

4. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
VBINDIFF(1)						       Christopher J. Madsen						       VBINDIFF(1)

NAME
vbindiff - hexadecimal file display and comparison SYNOPSIS
vbindiff file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Visual Binary Diff (VBinDiff) displays files in hexadecimal and ASCII (or EBCDIC). It can also display two files at once, and highlight the differences between them. Unlike diff, it works well with large files (up to 4 GB). Viewing files Movement Keys ------------- Up Move one line (16 bytes) towards the beginning of the file Down Move one line (16 bytes) towards the end of the file Left Move one byte towards the beginning of the file Right Move one byte towards the end of the file PageUp Move one page towards the beginning of the file PageDn Move one page towards the end of the file Home Move to the beginning of the file End Move to the end of the (shorter) file F Search for a string or byte sequence G Move to a specified file position When displaying two files, both files move together. If bytes have been added or removed in one of the files, you can adjust the compari- son by moving just one of the files. To move only the top file, press "T". To move only the bottom file, press "B". To return to moving both files, press the same key again. (The window at the bottom of the screen will indicate when you are moving only one file.) Other Keys ---------- Enter Move to the next difference between the files Space (same as Enter) C Toggle between ASCII and EBCDIC display E Edit currently displayed section of file Esc Exit VBinDiff Q Exit VBinDiff The "Enter" key will advance to the next difference between the files (after those already displayed on the screen). If there are no more differences, it moves to the end. Line editor The line editor is used to enter search strings and file positions. It uses the basic Emacs-style editing keys. Keys ----------------- Ctrl-B, Left Move the cursor one character left Ctrl-F, Right Move the cursor one character right Ctrl-A, Home Move to the beginning of the line Ctrl-E, End Move to the end of the line Ctrl-P, Up Move up in input history Ctrl-N, Down Move down in input history Ctrl-H, Backspace Delete the character to the left Ctrl-D, Delete Delete the character under the cursor Ctrl-K Delete from cursor to end of line Insert Toggle between insert & overstrike mode Enter Finished entering text Esc Abort the operation Editing files You can press "E" to edit the current file. When displaying two files, this edits the one in the top window, unless you are in "move bot- tom" mode. When editing, you can move the cursor around with the arrow keys. Use TAB to switch between entering hexadecimal or ASCII (or EBCDIC) characters. Press the Esc key when you are done. You will be given the choice to save or discard your changes then. If you are displaying two files, you can use the Enter key to copy a byte from the other file into the one you are editing. You cannot scroll through the file while editing, although you can save your changes and then move to a different part of the file. Also, you cannot insert or delete bytes, only change them. OPTIONS
-L, --license Display license information for vbindiff -V, --version Display the version number --help Display help information BUGS
Does not work properly with files over 4 gigabytes. It should be able to view the first 4 gigabytes ok, but the display only has room for 8 hex digits of file position, and the Goto box is also limited to 8 digits. LICENSE
VBinDiff is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. VBinDiff is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with VBinDiff (see the file COPYING); if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Christopher J. Madsen <vbindiff .at. cjmweb.net> <http://www.cjmweb.net/vbindiff/> VBinDiff 3.0_beta3 2008-06-25 VBINDIFF(1)