Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting expanding standard terminal size Post 302096213 by prkfriryce on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 11:35:12 AM
Old 11-14-2006
expanding standard terminal size

what is the Ksh syntax to expand/change the geometry of the running terminal window?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Standard Greeter font Size (RHEL 3)

In RHEL 3 is there a way to change the font size for the standard greeter text. Jeremy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morphous
1 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

terminal size

Is there an easy command to know the size of a terminal window from a command line command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resizing Terminal Size Upon Login?

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 uname: Linux CuBox 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux Shell: Bash So I was trying to see if there was a way to resize the terminal dynamically upon logging into a remote PC. How I login now is to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
XZOOM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XZOOM(1)

NAME
xzoom- magnify parts of the screen SYNOPSIS
xzoom [ -display displayname ] [ -mag mag [ mag ] ] [ -x ] [ -y ] [ -xy ] [ -geometry geometry ] [ -source geometry ] [ -mouse ] [ -multi ] DESCRIPTION
The xzoom program displays in its window a magnified area of the X11 display. The user can interactively change the zoomed area, the window size, magnification (optionally different magnification for X and Y axes) or rotate or mirror the image. OPTIONS
-display displayname The name of the display to use (not very useful). -mag mag [ mag ] What magnification to use. If two number arguments are supplied the first is used for X magniications and the second is used for Y magnification. Magnification should be greater than 0. -x Mirror horizontally. -y Mirror vertically. -xy Exchange X and Y axes before any magnification is performed. -geometry geometry Size and position xzoom's window. -source geometry Size and position the initial source area which is magnified. The dimensions of this area are multiplied by the mag- nification to get the size of xzoom's window. If these dimensions are given separately (by use of -geometry ) then an error is reported. -mouse Interactively update the magnified area,by moving the mouse pointer. -multi Used when the display specified is a multi-visual. WINDOW COMMANDS
Apart from the command line arguments, xzoom can be operated with the following Window commands also. + : Zoom in - : Zoom out x : Flip right and left y : Flip top and bottom z : Rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwize w : Next '+' or '-' only change width scaling h : Next '+' or '-' only change height scaling d : Change delay between frames q : Quit Arrow keys : Scroll in direction of arrow Mouse button drag : Set top-left corner of viewed area X Version 11 Release 1.0 UNSUPPORTED XZOOM(1)