Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Character Sets
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Character Sets Post 302092468 by PradeepRed on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 06:39:24 AM
Old 10-10-2006
Yup

file command works fine. Smilie

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FILE SETS in unix

Hi all, Pls. let me know whether there is any concept called "FILE SETS" in unix? Because, I am using ETL tool DataStage which creates FILE SETS. While I am able to view the data of such a file set in the tool, the "cat" command on this FILESET lists only the Metadata and not the data content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_A
2 Replies

2. AIX

IP Security file sets

hello, we are implementing ip security on several of our aix 5.2-09 boxes and i am unable to locate the prerequisite file sets. does anyone know where i can find these? i have the original 5.2 cd's but these file sets are not on any of the cd's. Any thoughts or suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
3 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Programming

How An Application Sets The Ip Options???

Hello Friends, I'm involved in test the UDP/IP source code. As you might be knowing, IPv4 provides several options: like Loose Source and Record Route (LSRR), Strict Source and Record Route (SSRR) etc. I wanted to test the above mentioned IP options. My strategy is to write a test application... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamirglb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

differentiating two sets

Hi Suppose i have a set of files like this set1 a.cpp@@main/5 b.cpp@@main/6 set 2 m.cpp@@main/51 n.hpp@@main/51 a.cpp@@main/15 b.cpp@@main/2 there may be files with same name in 2 sets. i need to list the files in set1 which have last numeric field less than the same file in... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

differentiating two sets for filenames????

set 1 ./abc@@/main/61 ./def.cpp@@/main/13 ./fgh.cpp@@/main/16 ./ijk.cpp@@/main/12 ./mln.cpp@@/main/9 ./uvw.cpp@@/main/30 set2 ./eww@@/main/61 ./def.cpp@@/main/13 ./xxx.cpp@@/main/26 ./kkk.cpp@@/main/72 ./qqq.cpp@@/main/19 ./fgh.cpp@@/main/16 I have two sets with filenames in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to translate character and font sets ?

Hi, below is an example of dialog script from the net, I would like to run from a command line in putty terminal opened session. The issue is some characters get replaced by dots. Could you advise me a solution to edit the following string into window character set accepted by putty ? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

8. Solaris

FSS and processor sets

I read somewhere which says """FSS can be assigned to processor sets, resulting in more sensitive control of priorities on a server than raw processor sets"" can any one tell me how we can assign FSS to processor set and how it works ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sets the remote server's name

Hi all, does any one have any idea on how to sets the remote server's name on ubuntu terminal tabs, without making any changes to the remote server? for example if i'm working on ssh root@test1 i would like it to be shown on the tittle's tab and if i connect on another it would do the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
7 Replies
eucTW(5)							File Formats Manual							  eucTW(5)

NAME
eucTW - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The Taiwanese EUC (Extended UNIX Code), or eucTW, codeset consists of the following character sets: ASCII CNS 11643 (Plane 1 to Plane 16) Taiwanese EUC uses a combination of single-byte data and 2-byte data to represent ASCII characters, symbols, and ideographic characters. Because too many character planes were included, Taiwanese EUC uses different leading codes to designate different character planes. ASCII characters are represented in the form of single byte 7-bit data in Taiwanese EUC; that is, the most significant bit (MSB) of the byte that represents an ASCII character is always set off. For more information, refer to ascii(5). Although the standard Taiwanese EUC codeset includes all characters defined by the CNS 11643-1992 standard, the operating system's eucTW implementation currently supports the following: Characters defined in the first and second planes of CNS 11643 The EDPC Recommended Char- acter Set (refer to dechanyu(5) for more information) CNS 11643-1986 and DTSCS characters that have been remapped into the third and fourth character planes by the CNS 11643-1992 standard Characters that were added to CNS 11643-1986 by the CNS 11643-1992 standard are not supported. The characters that are defined in plane 1 and plane 2 of CNS 11643-1992 and that are the same as those defined in CNS 11643-1986 are as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Character Plane Character Type Number of Characters --------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Special characters 651 Control characters 33 Frequently-used characters 5401 2 Less frequently-used char- 7650 acters --------------------------------------------------------------------- The characters defined in plane 3 and plane 4 of CNS 11643-1992 are as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Character Plane Character Type Number of Characters --------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3 Rarely-used characters (EDPC Part I) 6148 4 Used for residency system, ISO 2nd edi- 7298 tion DIS 10646 Han characters, 171 EDPC Part II Characters --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The characters that have been remapped into the third and fourth character planes of CNS 11643-1992 as specified by the EDPC are as fol- lows: --------------------------------------------------------- EDPC Characters Character Plane Number of Characters --------------------------------------------------------- Part I Plane 3 6148 Part II Plane 4 171 --------------------------------------------------------- Taiwanese EUC Encoding Except for characters in the first plane of CNS 11643-1986, Taiwanese EUC makes use of a leading code (the 8-bit Single-Shift 2 control character (SS2) and an additional byte) to designate characters to a character plane. The position of a character on a plane is specified by two bytes. The first byte determines the character's row number and the second byte determines the character's column number. The MSB of both bytes is set on. The following table shows the encoding of Taiwanese EUC characters: ------------------------------------------------------- CNS 11643-1986 Code Plane Leading Code Code Range ------------------------------------------------------- 1 [nil] A1A1 - FEFE 2 SS2 A2 A1A1 - FEFE 3 SS2 A3 A1A1 - FEFE 4 SS2 A4 A1A1 - FEFE 5 SS2 A5 A1A1 - FEFE 6 SS2 A6 A1A1 - FEFE 7 SS2 A7 A1A1 - FEFE 8 SS2 A8 A1A1 - FEFE 9 SS2 A9 A1A1 - FEFE 10 SS2 AA A1A1 - FEFE 11 SS2 AB A1A1 - FEFE 12 SS2 AC A1A1 - FEFE 13 SS2 AD A1A1 - FEFE 14 SS2 AE A1A1 - FEFE 15 SS2 AF A1A1 - FEFE 16 SS2 B0 A1A1 - FEFE ------------------------------------------------------- Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between eucTW and other encoding formats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which eucTW is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. big5_eucTW, eucTW_big5 Converting from and to the Big-5 codeset: big5(5). Note that Big-5 encoding is equivalent to the Microsoft code-page format used on PCs for Traditional Chinese. You can therefore use this set of converters to convert Traditional Chinese text between the eucTW and PC code-page formats. For information about how the operating system supports PC code pages, see code_page(5). dechanyu_eucTW, eucTW_dechanyu Converting from and to the DEC Hanyu codeset: dechanyu(5). dechanzi_eucTW, eucTW_dechanzi Converting from and to the DEC Hanzi codeset: dechanzi(5). sbig5_eucTW, eucTW_sbig5 Converting from and to the Shift Big-5 codeset: sbig5(5). telecode_eucTW, eucTW_telecode Converting from and to the Telecode codeset: telecode(5). UCS-2_eucTW, eucTW_UCS-2 Converting from and to UCS-2 format: Unicode(5). UCS-4_eucTW, eucTW_UCS-4 Converting from and to UCS-4 format: Unicode(5). UTF-8_eucTW, eucTW_UTF-8 Converting from and to UTF--8 format: Unicode(5). Fonts for Taiwanese EUC For both display devices and printers, the operating system supports Taiwanese EUC through internal conversion to DEC Hanyu code and use of DEC Hanyu fonts (see dechanyu(5)). For general information on printing non-English text, refer to i18n_printing(5). SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), big5(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanzi(5), GBK(5), iconv_intro(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), l10n_intro(5), sbig5(5), telecode(5), Unicode(5) eucTW(5)