Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Select ALL in VI Editor
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Select ALL in VI Editor Post 302084341 by tmarikle on Thursday 10th of August 2006 12:46:55 PM
Old 08-10-2006
My bad, it was a typo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi editor

is vi editor the same for all versions of Unix???? I mean are the commands the same for say Solaris or BSD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select Test in Vi Editor

Guys, file1 is 10pages long in vi. How to select the complete contents of the life. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aejaz
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

VI Editor

I need to delete a line of statement with vi editior in linux, i am using rm but won't work. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doyindayo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

7. SCO

regarding vi editor

hello friends, i wud like to get some suggestion for a Q i faced in an interview.......... the Q is........... suppose a person is working on vi .the file is very large and he hasn't saved anything ........suddenly power goes off and system shuts down ...after power comes up the system is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

About vi editor

How can ` character be printed on vi editor ? empl_id=`echo $line | awk ' { print $1; } '` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senem
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

more than 1 vi editor

Hi, What's the process to open 2 vi editor at a same time. Plz let me know. Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
5 Replies

10. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies
MSGUNTYPOT(1p)							    Po4a Tools							    MSGUNTYPOT(1p)

NAME
msguntypot - update PO files when a typo is fixed in POT file SYNOPSIS
msguntypot -o old_pot -n new_pot pofiles ... DESCRIPTION
When you fix a trivial error which surely doesn't affect translations (e.g. a typo) in a POT file, you should unfuzzy the corresponding msgstr in the translated PO files to avoid so extra work to the translators. This task is difficult and error prone when done manually, and this tool is there to help doing so correctly. You just need to provide the two versions of the POT file: before the edition and after as marked in the above synopsis, and it all becomes automatic. HOW TO USE IT
In short, when you discover a typo in one of your [english] message, do the following: - Regenerate your POT and PO files. make -C po/ update-po # for message program translations debconf-updatepo # for debconf translations po4a po4a.conf # for po4a based documentation translations or something else, depending on your project's building settings. You know how to make sure your POT an PO files are uptodate, don't you?? - Make a copy of your POT file. cp myfile.pot myfile.pot.orig - Make a copy of all your files. mkdir po_fridge; cp *.po po_fridge - Fix your typo. $EDITOR the_file_in_which_there_is_a_typo - Regenerate your POT and PO files. See above. At this point, the typo fix fuzzied all the translations, and this unfortunate change is the only one between the PO files of your main directory and the one from the fridge. Here is how to solve this. - Discard fuzzy translation, restore the ones from the fridge. cp po_fridge/*.po . - Manually merge the PO files with the new POT file, but taking the useless fuzzy into account. msguntypot -o myfile.pot.orig -n myfile.pot *.po - Cleanups. rm -rf myfile.pot.orig po_fridge You're done. The typo was eradicated from msgstr of both your POT and PO files, and the PO files were not fuzzyied in the process. Your translators love you already. SEE ALSO
Despite its name, this tool is not part of the gettext tool suite. It is instead part of po4a. More precisely, it's a random Perl script using the fine po4a modules. For more information about po4a, please see: po4a(7) AUTHORS
Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian,org) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005 by SPI, inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). Po4a Tools 2014-06-10 MSGUNTYPOT(1p)