Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pcap.h
Top Forums Programming pcap.h Post 302077686 by Corona688 on Saturday 24th of June 2006 09:05:30 PM
Old 06-24-2006
Errrr...
Code:
#include <pcap.h>

perhaps? If not, explain what the problem actually is before asking for help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Pcap.c

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but hopefully someone can atleast point me in the right direction if they can't help me. I am trying to install the Net::Pcap module for perl from Tim Potter version .04. I have installed gcc 2.95.3 on my Solaris 8 box. I am sure it's just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
6 Replies

2. Programming

Filtering paquets with pcap.h

Hello everybody!! I am currently doing my intership and I need some tips for Pcap.h. I search some tips tp filter my paquets in a C program with the Pcap.h librairy. The onlys thing I have found is thaht I can filter low level protocol with their name like (tcp/udp..). But for the higher... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danathane
3 Replies

3. Programming

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hershey101
1 Replies

6. Programming

searching through pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hershey101
4 Replies

7. Programming

Packet capturing using pcap

Hi, i am using a linux CentOS machine. I have 2 real network interfaces eth0, eth1 and 2 virtual interfaces tap0 and tap1. I am using PCAP library to capture the packets on theses interfaces. If i specify the interface as "any", i cannot find a way to know from which interface the packet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulnitk2004
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling pcap file

Hi, I have a standard pcap file created using tcpdump. The file looks like 06:49:36.487629 IP 202.1.175.252 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 52765, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.489552 IP 192.120.148.227 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 512, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.491812 IP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
8 Replies

9. Programming

Ascii vs Pcap tracing

Dear All, Which is better to use ? Ascii or Pcap tracing ? Or are they complementary ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knowledgeSeeker
1 Replies

10. Programming

PCAP -> PFRING

Hi I have a program that captures packets with the libpcap library by calling the pcap-functions, e.g. pcap_next(...). I would like to use PF_RING for the program and therefore I would have to adjust the calling functions to pfring_open(...) pfring_recv(...) I'm pretty knew in network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freaky123
0 Replies
EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)					      General Commands Manual						  EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)

NAME
Edos-rpmcheck - Check satisfiability of rpm package dependencies SYNOPSIS
edos-rpmcheck [option] ... [package] ... DESCRIPTION
edos-rpmcheck reads from standard input a set of rpm package descriptions. Packages may appear with multiple versions in this set. For instance, an uncompressed hdlist.cz is suitable as input. We say that a package is identified in this set by the pair consisting of the package name and of the package version. A package (called goal) is called installable with respect to a set of packages if there exists a subset of the packages that - contains at most one version for each package name - contains the goal package (in any version, or a specific version) - all packages of the subset have their dependencies and conflicts satisfied in this subset. Edos-rpmcheck checks whether every package given as argument is installable with respect to the input set of packages. Specific versions can be specified by following the package name with the sign '=' and the version of the package (for instance, 'xemacs21=21.4.17-1'). If no package name is given as argument then all packages of the input set are checked for satisfiability. The constraint solving algorithm is complete, that is it finds a solution whenever there exists one, even for multiple disjunctive depen- dencies and deep package conflicts. This problem is computationally infeasible in theory (that is, NP-complete), but can in practice be solved very efficiently. OPTIONS
-explain Explain the results -rules Print generated rules -failures Only show failures -successes Only show successes -base file Specifiy an additional file providing packages that are not checked but used for resolving dependencies -quiet Supress warnings and progress/timing messages -xml Output results in XML format -help, --help Display this list of options EXAMPLE
Check which packages in a particular distribution are not installable and why: gunzip -c hdlist.cz | edos-rpmcheck -failures -explain where hdlist.cz is the file pertaining to that distribution. Check whether version 21.4.17-1 of the xemacs21 package is installable in a distribution described by the file Packages: gunzip -c hdlist.cz | edos-rpmcheck -explain xemacs=21.4.17-1 AUTHOR
Edos-rpmcheck has been written by Jerome Vouillon for the EDOS project. This man-page has been compiled by Ralf Treinen. SEE ALSO
<http://www.edos-project.org> is the home page of the EDOS project. edos-debcheck(1) is the analogous tool for debian packages. EDOS
2006-05-20 EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)