Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing a package in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Removing a package in unix Post 302077097 by reborg on Monday 19th of June 2006 12:45:04 PM
Old 06-19-2006
or

nawk '/expect/{print $NF}' /var/sadm/install/contents | sort -u

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing package.

i am in d process of buidling qmail on my freebsd. I am through except that i cannot run qmailctl effectively because i had a problem installing daemontools. i was unable to run this command line; patch < /usr/local/src/netqmail−1.04/other−patches/daemontools−0.76.errno.patch and i beleive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

3. Solaris

error in removing the package

hi all, i have installed gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local package on unix system. i tried removing this with the command pkgrm but getting the below error.. pkgrm gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local pkgrm: ERROR: no package associated with <gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local> can any one suggest me how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Package release on UNIX environment

Hi, Can some one tell what is Package release on UNIX environment. Thanks, Nag (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies
contents(4)							   File Formats 						       contents(4)

NAME
contents - list of files and associated packages SYNOPSIS
/var/sadm/install/contents DESCRIPTION
The file /var/sadm/install/contents is a source of information about the packages installed on the system. This file must never be edited directly. Always use the package and patch commands (see SEE ALSO) to make changes to the contents file. Each entry in the contents file is a single line. Fields in each entry are separated by a single space character. Two major styles of entries exist, old style and new style. The following is the format of an old-style entry: ftype class path package(s) The following is the general format of a new-style entry: path[=rpath] ftype class [ftype-optional-fields] package(s) New-style entries differ for each ftype. The ftype designates the entry type, as specified in pkgmap(4). The format for new-style entries, for each ftype, is as follows: ftype s: path=rpath s class package ftype l: path l class package ftype d: path d class mode owner group package(s) ftype b: path b class major minor mode owner group package ftype c: path c class major minor mode owner group package ftype f: path f class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype x: path x class mode owner group package ftype v: path v class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype e: path e class mode owner group size cksum modtime package A significant distinction between old- and new-style entries is that the former do not begin with a slash (/) character, while the latter (new-style) always do. For example, the following are new-style entries: d none /dev SUNWcsd e passwd /etc/passwd SUNWcsr The following are new-style entries: /dev d none 0755 root sys SUNWcsr SUNWcsd /etc/passwd e passwd 0644 root sys 580 48299 1077177419 SUNWcsr The following are the descriptions of the fields in both old- and new-style entries. path The absolute path of the node being described. For ftype s (indicating a symbolic link) this is the indirect pointer (link) name. rpath The relative path to the real file or linked-to directory name. ftype A one-character field that indicates the entry type (see pkgmap(4)). class The installation class to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). package The package associated with this entry. For ftype d (directory) more than one package can be present. mode The octal mode of the file (see pkgmap(4)). owner The owner of the file (see pkgmap(4)). group The group to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). major The major device number (see pkgmap(4)). minor The minor device number (see pkgmap(4)). size The actual size of the file in bytes as reported by sum (see pkgmap(4)). cksum The checksum of the file contents (see pkgmap(4)). modtime The time of last modification (see pkgmap(4)). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
patchadd(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgadm(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgmap(4), attributes(5) NOTES
As shown above, the interface stability of /var/sadm/install/contents is Unstable (see attributes(5)). It is common practice to use this file in a read-only manner to determine which files belong to which packages installed on a system. While this file has been present for many releases of the Solaris operating system, it might not be present in future releases. The fully supported way to obtain information from the installed package database is through pkgchk(1M). It is highly recommended that you use pkgchk rather than relying on the contents file. SunOS 5.10 29 Jun 2004 contents(4)