Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The > symbol
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The > symbol Post 302076400 by tayyabq8 on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 12:20:02 AM
Old 06-13-2006
Try Delete key or Ctrl+C or Ctrl + z to come out of that command and bring your prompt back.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

2. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append with TM symbol

I have a file with delimiter ";" and 2 columns for eg: Transparent; ScotchPro™ If you see carefully you can see a special character "TM" at the end of data which is not showing up when I read the data in a regular sequential file. Did anyone anytime tackle this kind of Data. Please advice.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Words after / symbol

Hi, I have the following directory: /home/dragon/websphere/cells/profile/imp/001/ I want to put this in a shell script and get the values before and after cells by removing the '/' Any idea how to make this possible? Regards, Dinesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

caret symbol

Hi! I need to know where is the caret symbol (^) on the keyboard. I press Shift+6 and does not appear!! Thank you very much. Removed email address - all should benefit of an answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labultet
1 Replies

8. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
FvwmConsole(1)							   Fvwm Modules 						    FvwmConsole(1)

NAME
FvwmConsole - an fvwm command input interface SYNOPSIS
Module FvwmConsole [options] FvwmConsole can only be invoked by fvwm. Command line invocation of the FvwmConsole module will not work. DESCRIPTION
FvwmConsole allows the user to type fvwm configuration commands interactively, and have them executed immediately. This tool is particu- larly useful for testing new configuration ideas, or for implementing temporary changes to your environment. INVOCATION
FvwmConsole must be spawned as a module by fvwm. FvwmConsole takes all xterm(1) options. FvwmConsole can be invoked by inserting the line 'Module FvwmConsole' in the .fvwm2rc file. This can be placed on a line by itself, if FvwmConsole is to be spawned during fvwm's initialization, or can be bound to a menu or mouse button or keystroke to invoke it later. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
FvwmConsole uses xterm(1). All resources set for xterm are inherited unless overridden by command line options. Module FvwmConsole -g 40x10 -fg black -bg green3 A different terminal emulator can be specified with the -terminal option. However, only terminal programs that understand the options -name, -title and -e can be used. Module FvwmConsole -terminal rxvt Previous versions of FvwmConsole supported a -e option to choose a different front-end. Although this option is still provided for back- wards compatibility its use is discouraged unless you know exactly what you are doing. Module FvwmConsole -e FvwmConsoleC.pl (see FvwmConsoleC.pl(1)). Also X resources can be set in your ~/.Xdefaults file: FvwmConsole*VT100*geometry: 40x4 FvwmConsole*font: 7x14 COMMAND EDITING
There are a few options. If the GNU readline library is available, it can be used. If Perl5 is installed, FvwmConsoleC.pl can be used as a command editor. This can be accomplished by either copying FvwmConsoleC.pl to fvwmlib directory as FvwmConsoleC or invoking FvwmConsole with -e option. For example: Module FvwmConsole -e FvwmConsoleC.pl If neither one is installed, a simple input reading function which doesn't have editing capabilities is used. GNU readline and FvwmConsoleC.pl have some frequent used commands in common as default. These commands are similar to emacs. For more details, refer GNU readline man and info pages, and FvwmConsoleC.pl man page. Ctrl-A - beginning of line Ctrl-B - previous char Ctrl-D - delete char Ctrl-E - end of line Ctrl-F - next char Ctrl-H - backspace Ctrl-K - erase to the end of line Ctrl-N - next line Ctrl-P - previous line Ctrl-R - search reverse Ctrl-U - delete line Meta-B - previous word Meta-F - next word Esc < - beginning of history Esc > - end of history EXITING
FvwmConsole can be stopped by entering the EOF character (usually CTRL-D). Note! Do not use the "quit" command, as this is an fvwm builtin: typing "quit" at the FvwmConsole command line will cause fvwm to exit. COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 1996, Toshi Isogai. No guarantees or warranties are provided. Use this program at your own risk. Permission to use this program for any purpose is given, as long as the copyright is kept intact. SEE ALSO
xterm(1), FvwmConsoleC.pl(1), GNU Readline library AUTHOR
Toshi Isogai 3rd Berkeley Distribution 7 May 208 (2.5.26) FvwmConsole(1)