Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display Kernel Parameters
Operating Systems HP-UX Display Kernel Parameters Post 302070739 by shawnbishop on Friday 7th of April 2006 03:05:36 AM
Old 04-07-2006
Display Kernel Parameters

Good Day

Please couls somebody tell me how to display Configurable Kernel parameters from the command line. I am able to do it from SAM,but would like to dump the command line output to a text file so I can email it off to HP.

Kind Regards

Shawn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

kernel parameters

I want to change some kernel parameters in HP-UX11, to do with Oracle upgrade/install. I know this is done using SAM. I am told SAM will not let you enter values outside the allowable range. Could anyone tell me if they have experienced anything different? In Solaris, I would copy the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to look at Kernel parameters

Hello all, Can anyone tell me the command line I can use to look at the following Kernel parameters: nfile maxfile maxfile_lim I'm using the Reflection manager connection to my Unix box so I can't use SAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Kernel parameters.

I've been trying to find out the following parameters of our Unix box: ==>OS version ==> patch level and the following kernel parameters =>maxfiles_lim =>maxvgs =>nproc =>msgmni =>ncsize =>nfile Could someone help me how would I find the above(commands)? Thanks, Bhagat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Adding new kernel parameters

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. i'm working on HP-UX 11.31 ia64 for testing our product i could able to change the kernel parameter values and i need to add the following parameters to the parameters list semmap = 258 nfile = 2048 msgseg = 7168 msgssz = 32 maxusers = 60 msgmap = 258 msgmax =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo09
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

6. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I want to check whether all essential kernel parameters are installed in my Solaris 10 System. Is there any way to find it. And also how to tune it. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I have weblogic Portal Installed in the Server solaris 10. How can i verify whether all the kernel parameters are available for this Software and also another question is How to crosscheck a server ( Solaris 10 Sparc ) whether it has all the required kernel parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to display pid and other parameters of current process through kernel module ?

how to display pid and other parameters of current process in linux platform ? i know it can be done through a linux commmand ps -F but i want it done through kernel program thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly does Kernel parameters do ?

Virtual Machine running on VMWare workstation 9.2 os : RHEL 5.8 RAM : 2.5GB Swap : 2.6gb CPU : 1 virtual CPU Surprizingly I couldn't find much from googling on What exactly does Kernel parameters do ? I was under the impression that kernel parameters just set the limits/maximum for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies
kcweb(1M)																 kcweb(1M)

NAME
kcweb - starts the HP-UX kernel configuration tool (a Web interface) SYNOPSIS
[ ] [ ] DESCRIPTION
The HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool ( ) is used to manage kernel tunables, modules and alarms. The HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool provides both Web-based and terminal user interface. The Web-based interface is launched through the HP System Management Homepage. Superuser privileges are required to access the HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool. A user who does not have superuser privileges has read- only access to the Tunables, Modules and Alarms area in the HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool and cannot modify kernel tunables, modules, alarms or reboot the system. An attempt will be made to connect to a Mozilla/Netscape Web browser running on the X server defined by the DISPLAY environment variable. If a running Mozilla/Netscape client is found, it will be used, otherwise a new Mozilla/Netscape session will be initiated. This will only happen if the Mozilla/Netscape process is running in the same system as that referenced by the DISPLAY variable, unless the -F option is used. Note: By default, the HP-UX kernel configuration tool (kcweb) invokes the Mozilla Web browser. If you want to support any other browser (Netscape), set the $BROWSER environment variable as shown below: The terminal user interface is invoked if any of the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with the option. o The environment variable is not set. The Web-based interface is launched if all the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is set. o The command is available on the system. If the Web-based interface cannot be launched, invokes the terminal user interface. Options recognizes the following options: Forces a client browser to be used in less secure ways. The option forces the client browser to be used or started, even when the X-traffic between the X-server and the Mozilla browser is not secure. Use this option only when you are sure the network traffic between the host where Mozilla is running and the host in the DISPLAY variable is secure. If cannot start the Web browser, the terminal interface is started. When the HP-UX Kernel Configuration Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. If a privileged user (root) executes the command with the option, a temporary login bypass key is generated. The bypass key enables the user to access the Web interface without having to provide login information again. When the HP-UX Kernel Configuration Web interface is invoked by SAM, the option is used. Opens the terminal interface for managing kernel tunables, modules and alarms regardless of the current setting of the environment variable. You can also start the HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool using one of the following methods: o Invoke and select the Kernel Configuration (character mode) functional area to launch the terminal user interface and the Kernel Configuration (Web-based Interface) to launch the Web-based tool o Invoke the HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool Web interface by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser, where hostname is the name of the server o Launch the HP-UX Systems Insight Manager on the server and select the Kernel Configuration tool from the Configure -> HP-UX Con- figuration menu Online Help After the HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool is started, the online help provides details on how to use the tool. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, kcweb returns one of the following values: o 0 Successful o 1 An error occurred AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), kcalarm(1M), kcusage(1M), kclog(1M), kcmond(1M), kcmodule(1M) kcweb(1M)