Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how can I restart X server ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can I restart X server ? Post 30068 by binhnx2000 on Wednesday 16th of October 2002 09:45:51 AM
Old 10-16-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver

With RH 7.2

When install you have 2 chose:

- Login with Console (Text)
- Login with X (X Windows)

After install finish! If you want change your chose. You must login as root and use command:

root@localhost#: Xconfigurator

You are using Linux with X. You can reboot your system by use command:

root@localhost#: reboot

Good Luck Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart

How can I make sure that all the database instances are shut down and brought up when the server is restarted. Krishan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart the tomcat server

hi, I need a command that restart the tomcat server. for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script. like using the grep and ps commands can i use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

restart windows 2000 server using command line

Hi all expert, Anybody know how to restart the windows 2000 server through command line and without using any additional tool? Thanks :):) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Server usually restart not reason

Hi everyone, - I have CentOs server 5.4 , I usually remote by ssh. - My problem is server usually restart but I don't reason. I check log in file /var/log/messages: I don't see "signal 15" which kernel have to receive before restart. Everyone can see in attach. - I try to restart with command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vietbk87
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Restart Xvnc server

Hi My i ask how to restart the Xvnc server running on a solaris box. This is the Xvnc server running process: Xvnc:1 -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -geometry 1024x768 -rfbwait 5000 -rfauth <dir> -rfbport <port no> -alwaysshared Additional Question: 1. Should i kill the process and restart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restart Linux server

Hello all: I am new to LINUX/UNIX administration task. My Infrastructure admin has allocated me a special lab server in client location. Per my requirement, had chanted few settings in LINUX/UNIX and need to reboot the server. I am the "root" user. I had used "shutdown -r now" at command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unix server restart automatically

We have HP K class unix server, It's automatically restart the server. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh24pal
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to restart a service in secondary server.

Can any one help me with a script to restart secondary server and sync data in it.. smsc101-0:ssh smsc101-1 "invoke-rc.d smsc restart" pwd:*** smsc101-0:rsync -avz /usr/local/smsc/data smsc101-1:/usr/local/npac/data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinuku
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UI accessiblity problem when using cronjob for server restart

Hi, I have a couch Db server running. I have written a script which will check and kill the multiple instances of the same and then start again a new one. Now when i start the db server manually, the UI of the DB is accessible via browser. But when i do the same using cronjob, the UI of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarath@123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Restart the web server

Hi, Unix AIX, on WebLogic How to Restart the web server Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)

NAME
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login - Configurable login controller SYNOPSIS
# For simple useage exmple, see CatalystX::SimpleLogin, this is a # full config example __PACKAGE__->config( 'Controller::Login' => { traits => [ 'WithRedirect', # Optional, enables redirect-back feature '-RenderAsTTTemplate', # Optional, allows you to use your own template ], actions => { login => { # Also optional PathPart => ['theloginpage'], # Change login action to /theloginpage }, }, }, ); See CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login for configuring the form. DESCRIPTION
Controller base class which exists to have login roles composed onto it for the login and logout actions. ATTRIBUTES
login_form_class A class attribute containing the class of the form to be initialised. One can override it in a derived class with the class of a new form, possibly subclassing CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login. For example: package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class' => ( default => "MyApp::Form::Login", ); 1; login_form_class_roles An attribute containing an array reference of roles to be consumed by the form. One can override it in a similar way to "login_form_class": package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class_roles' => ( default => sub { [qw(MyApp::FormRole::Foo MyApp::FormRole::Bar)] }, ); 1; METHODS
BUILD Cause form instance to be built at application startup. do_post_login_redirect This method does a post-login redirect. TODO for BOBTFISH - should it even be public? If it does need to be public, then document it because the Pod coverage test failed. login Login action. login_redirect Redirect to the login action. login_GET Displays the login form login_POST Processes a submitted login form, and if correct, logs the user in and redirects not_required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does not require registration (hence the name). redirect_after_login_uri If you are using WithRedirect (i.e. by default), then this methd is overridden to redirect the user back to the page they intially hit which required authentication. Note that even if the original URI was a post, then the redirect back will only be a GET. If you choose NOT to compose the WithRedirect trait, then you can set the uri users are redirected to with the "redirect_after_login_uri" config key, or by overriding the redirect_after_login_uri method in your own login controller if you need custom logic. render_login_form Renders the login form. By default it just calls the form's render method. If you want to do something different, like rendering the form with a template through your view, this is the place to hook into. required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does require registration (hence the name). SEE ALSO
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::TraitFor::Controller::Login::WithRedirect CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login AUTHORS
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for authors. LICENSE
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for license. perl v5.14.2 2012-07-15 CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)