Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1) Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards) Post 26442 by Neo on Sunday 18th of August 2002 06:40:46 PM
Old 08-18-2002
The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3.

Quote:
San Francisco, CA - January 30 2002- The Open Group announced today completion of the joint revision to POSIX and the Single UNIX specification. The joint revision forms the core of The Open Group's Single UNIX Specification Version 3, and is IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1) - The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7, IEEE Std 1003.1™-2008, 2016 Edition, Copyright © 2001-2016 The IEEE and The Open Group
Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3

Or:

Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7

Quote:
POSIX.1-2008 is simultaneously IEEE Std 1003.1™-2008 and The Open Group Technical Standard Base Specifications, Issue 7.
Keywords

Quote:
application program interface (API), argument, asynchronous, basic regular expression (BRE), batch job, batch system, built-in utility, byte, child, command language interpreter, CPU, extended regular expression (ERE), FIFO, file access control mechanism, input/output (I/O), job control, network, portable operating system interface (POSIX®), parent, shell, stream, string, synchronous, system, thread, X/Open System Interface (XSI)

UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Open Group suing Apple over "Unix"

Our Admin, Neo, has some experience with the subject of this news item: http://news.com.com/2100-1016-1015814.html It appears that The Open Group is suing Apple for using the term Unix without licensing from The Open Group. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link in unix

Hi All, Can any one please explain me what is the difference between hard link and soft link in UNIX. Thanks in advance Raja Chokalingam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJACHOKALINGAM
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting Standards

Would anyone have details of pre-existing Unix shell scripting standards. I've been asked to prepare a document outlining standards when writing korn shell scripts & don't really know where to start. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janmolby
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a web link from

Hello, I am looking a way on how to add in my sh script a line that once run would visit a web link www.domain.com/something.php?smt=SOMEDATA and close. Thank you, C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies
<sys/un.h>(P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual						     <sys/un.h>(P)

NAME
       sys/un.h - definitions for UNIX domain sockets

SYNOPSIS
       #include <sys/un.h>

DESCRIPTION
       The <sys/un.h> header shall define the sockaddr_un structure that includes at least the following members:

sa_family_t  sun_family  Address family.
	      char	   sun_path[]  Socket pathname.

The  sockaddr_un  structure is used to store addresses for UNIX domain sockets. Values of this type shall be cast by applications to struct
       sockaddr for use with socket functions.

The sa_family_t type shall be defined as described in <sys/socket.h> .

The following sections are informative.

APPLICATION USAGE
       The size of sun_path has intentionally been left undefined.  This is because different implementations use different  sizes.  For  example,
       4.3  BSD  uses a size of 108, and 4.4 BSD uses a size of 104. Since most implementations originate from BSD versions, the size is typically
       in the range 92 to 108.

Applications should not assume a particular length for sun_path or assume that it can hold {_POSIX_PATH_MAX} characters (255).

RATIONALE
       None.

FUTURE DIRECTIONS
       None.

SEE ALSO
       <sys/socket.h> , the System Interfaces volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, bind(), socket(), socketpair()

COPYRIGHT
       Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol-
       ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of
       Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and  the  original  IEEE
       and  The  Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained
       online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html .

IEEE/The Open Group						       2003							     <sys/un.h>(P)