Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp Upload Folder
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ftp Upload Folder Post 23351 by RTM on Friday 21st of June 2002 12:19:55 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Quote:
Is there the possibility to use TAR over the FTP account too?? Probably with the SITE command??
I don't know - you never posted your OS or type of FTP you are using. The FTP I use does not have a site command.

If you tar the files from the top directory, compress the tar file, and then ftp (or scp which may work from the system you ssh from) the file (set the type to binary in ftp) you can then uncompress the file and extract the tar which will create the directories and files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

upload FTP

I have a ftp server up , however when I upload a file from my desktop to the server I get this message: ftp> get uploadtest.txt Local: uploadtest.txt Remote: uploadtest.txt 227 passive Mode ( 192,168,0,1,190,75) 550 Failed to open file ftp> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keliy1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Upload of the images from the folder to the Database table

Hi all, i am new to the unix enviorment i have got a urgent requirement where we need to migrate the date from the folder heirachy that contains the "IMAGES". These images are to be uploaded on to the database table. Uploading images from the a single folder (Static) to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashisaini24
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

5. Web Development

upload a complete folder

Hi, how can I upload a complete folder (and subfolders) on ftp from terminal ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only allowing chmod 777 for file upload folder

Hey everyone. I have 2 different linux servers (each one is through a different web hosting company). On both servers I have the exact same PHP file upload script that allows users to upload a file or image to the server (everything on both servers is identical). On server #1 the "attachments"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Canuck
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP upload

Hi All, I am new to this forum and i need help from you . Here i want to get a mail conformation when ever the file was uploaded to FTP server.Here is my FTP script . Can any one plz help me how to get a mail confirmation weather the file was uploaded or not. #!bin/sh HOST='192.168.2.85'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfund
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chrooted SFTP upload folder

Hi List, I have set up a chrooted SFTP setup following the instructions I found on tech republic: /blog/opensource/chroot-users-with-openssh-an-easier-way-to-confine-users-to-their-home-directories/229 I have successfully got it all working and I can download files when logged in via sftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Upload

Can any one help in writing FTP upload script using bash .. with specific port -oPort=62022 #/bin/bash FTPU="username" # ftp login name FTPP="password" # ftp password FTPS="localhost.com" # remote ftp server FTPF="/test" # remote ftp server directory for $FTPU & $FTPP port="2345"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram5019
3 Replies
Test::Folder(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Folder(3pm)

NAME
Test::Folder - test folder attributes SYNOPSIS
use Test::More ...; use Test::Folder; DESCRIPTION
This modules provides a collection of test utilities for folder attributes. Use it in combination with Test::More in your test programs. FUNCTIONS
folder_exists_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder exists, and not ok otherwise. folder_not_exists_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder does not exist, and not ok otherwise. folder_empty_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is empty (contains no files or subfolders), and not ok otherwise. folder_not_empty_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is not empty (contains any files or subfolders), and not ok otherwise. folder_readable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is readable, and not ok otherwise. folder_not_readable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is not readable, and not ok otherwise. folder_writable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is writable, and not ok otherwise. folder_not_writable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is not writable, and not ok otherwise. folder_executable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is executable, and not ok otherwise. folder_not_executable_ok(FOLDERNAME [, TESTNAME] ) Ok if the folder is not executable, and not ok otherwise. TO DO
There are probably some more folder attributes that can be tested. If you need them, please ask (or better yet, contribute code!). AUTHOR
Martin 'Kingpin' Thurn, "mthurn at cpan.org", <http://tinyurl.com/nn67z>. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-dir at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Dir>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Folder You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Test-Dir> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Test-Dir> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Test-Dir> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Dir> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Martin 'Kingpin' Thurn This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-20 Test::Folder(3pm)