Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to uncompress .zip file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to uncompress .zip file? Post 16221 by guest100 on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 04:47:41 AM
Old 02-27-2002
OK , give a try :

gunzip ...........

or man gunzip

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get to a file and uncompress it

I did an ftp to copy a tar file from a main server area to the backup server area. I need to get that tar file to uncompress it in backup server. How do I go about it. Please any suggesstion will be greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkem22
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uncompress zip files in a remote server from a script

Hi UNIX gurus, the scenario is that i have written a script which takes as input a directory structure. And after that a tar is made ,then zipped and FTP it to a server.But how do i uncompress it from my script as FTP doesnot support any uncompress command during FTP session. I have to automate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file zip,rar,tar,compress,uncompress,unzip,unrar

i want know how to compress and uncompress file using unix, compress uncompress,zip,unzip,rar,unrar,how its work and more about this.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ismael xavier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncompress a file and ftp

Hi Experts, Here is my piece of code-- #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::FTP; #use IO::Uncompress::Unzip qw(unzip $UnzipError) ; use IO::File ; print "Retrieving file from abc.com...\n"; $loginip='123.456.0.23'; $loginid='nt1234'; $loginpaswd='defgsljf';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

6. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompress and ftp a file

i have a compressed file, i need to ftp this file to remote server. while ftp i should uncompress and send, but the uncompressed file shouldn't write in the local server file system. is there any options how to do this using a named pipes in ftp?? greatly appreciate your suggestions? Thanmks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fakru.y
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
ASN2ALL(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASN2ALL(1)

NAME
asn2all - generate reports from ASN.1 biological data SYNOPSIS
asn2all [-] [-A acc] [-F filename] [-G] [-J n] [-K n] [-M] [-T] [-X] [-a type] [-b] [-c] [-d path] [-f format] [-h] [-i filename] [-k] [-l] [-n policy] [-o filename] [-p path] [-r] [-v filename] [-x ext] DESCRIPTION
asn2all is primarily intended for generating reports from the binary ASN.1 Bioseq-set release files downloaded from the NCBI ftp site (ncbi-asn1 directory). It can produce GenBank and GenPept flatfiles, FASTA sequence files, INSDSet structured XML, TinySeq XML, and Sequin-style 5-column feature tables. The release files (which have the extension .aso.gz) should be uncompressed with gunzip(1), resulting in files with the extension .aso. For example, gbpri1.aso is the first file in the primate division, and the command gunzip gbpri1.aso.gz will result in gbpri1.aso being created. The original gbpri1.aso.gz file is removed after successful decompression. In asn2all, the name of the file to be processed is specified by the -i command line argument. Use -a t to indicate that it is a release file and -b to indicate that it is binary ASN.1. A text ASN.1 file obtained from Entrez can be processed by using -a a instead of -a t -b. Nucleotide and protein records can be processed simultaneously. Use the -o argument to indicate the nucleotide output file, and the -v argument for the protein output file. The -f argument determines the format to be generated, and is documented in more detail (along with other options) in the following sec- tion. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -A accession Accession to fetch; may take the form accession,complexity,flags where complexity should normally be 0 and a flags value of -1 enables fetching of external features -F filename Accession Filter file -G Relaxed Genome Mapping -J n Seq-loc from -K n Seq-loc to -M Seq-loc Minus strand -T Use Threads -X EXtended qualifier output -a type Input ASN.1 type: a Automatic (default) c Catenated z Any e Seq-entry b Bioseq s Bioseq-set m Seq-submit t batch processing (suitable for official releases; autodetects specific type) -b Bioseq-set is Binary -c Bioseq-set is Compressed -d path Path to indexed binary ASN.1 Data -f format Output Format: g GenBank/GenPept (default) m GenBank Master Style f FASTA d CDS FASTA e Gene FASTA t Sequin-style 5-column feature table y TinySet XML (akin to FASTA) s INSDSet XML (akin to GenBank/GenPept) a structurally equivalent text ASN.1 x structurally equivalent XML c cache components -h Display extra Help message -i filename Input file name (standard input by default) -k Enable local fetching -l Lock components in advance -n policy Near FASTA policy: a All n Near only (default) f Far only -o filename Nucleotide Output file name -p path Path to files -r Enable Remote fetching -v filename Protein output file name -x ext File selection suffix when working with entire directories. (default is .aso) EXAMPLES
The command asn2all -i gbpri1.aso -a t -b -f g -o gbpri1.nuc -v gbpri1.prt will generate GenBank and GenPept reports from gbpri1.aso. AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. SEE ALSO
asn2asn(1), asn2ff(1), asn2fsa(1), asn2gb(1), asn2idx(1), asn2xml(1), asndhuff(1), gene2xml(1), gunzip(1). NCBI
2012-06-24 ASN2ALL(1)