Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3d animation
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers 3d animation Post 15708 by aloysius1001 on Monday 18th of February 2002 10:46:39 PM
Old 02-18-2002
3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop animation

This is just for fun but i can't work it out I want to animate this dotted line in a shell script. .................................................................................. I want it to start at one dot like this . and end up printing them all. I think I need a while loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Display - Thread Preview Text Animation

Instead of the slow and not readable tooltips with the preview of the thread content in forum view, I have added the preview with mouseover (see attached movie). Let me know if you want a different kind of preview (animation, duration font-color, size, etc,) Thanks. <script>... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
29 Replies
Gtk2::ImageView::Anim(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Gtk2::ImageView::Anim(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::ImageView::Anim - Subclass of Gtk2::ImageView capable of playing DESCRIPTION
Gtk2::ImageView::Anim is a subclass of Gtk2::ImageView that provies facilities for displaying and controlling an animation. HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::Widget +----Gtk2::ImageView +----Gtk2::ImageView::Anim INTERFACES
Glib::Object::_Unregistered::AtkImplementorIface Gtk2::Buildable METHODS
widget or undef = Gtk2::ImageView::Anim->new Returns a new Gtk2::ImageView::Anim with the following default values: anim : NULL is_playing : FALSE pixbufanimation or undef = $aview->get_anim Returns the current animation of the view. $aview->set_anim ($anim) o $anim (Gtk2::Gdk::PixbufAnimation) Sets the pixbuf animation to play, or NULL to not play any animation. The effect of this method is analoguous to Gtk2::ImageView::set_pixbuf(). Fit mode is reset to GTK_FIT_SIZE_IF_LARGER so that the whole area of the animation fits in the view. Three signals are emitted, first the Gtk2::ImageView will emit zoom-changed and then pixbuf- changed, second, Gtk2::ImageView::Anim itself will emit anim-changed. The default pixbuf animation is NULL. aview : a Gtk2::ImageView::Anim. anim : A pixbuf animation to play. boolean = $aview->get_is_playing Returns TRUE if the animation is playing, FALSE otherwise. If there is no current animation, this method will always return FALSE. $aview->set_is_playing ($playing) o $playing (boolean) Sets whether the animation should play or not. If there is no current animation this method does not have any effect. aview : a Gtk2::ImageView::Anim. playing : TRUE to play the animation, FALSE otherwise $aview->step Steps the animation one frame forward. If the animation is playing it will be stopped. Will it wrap around if the animation is at its last frame? aview : a Gtk2::ImageView::Anim. SIGNALS
toggle-running (Gtk2::ImageView::Anim) step (Gtk2::ImageView::Anim) SEE ALSO
Gtk2::ImageView, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::Widget, Gtk2::ImageView COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 by Jeffrey Ratcliffe. This software is licensed under the GPL-3; see Gtk2::ImageView for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gtk2::ImageView::Anim(3pm)