Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting files created before two days ago Post 15371 by Jimbo on Wednesday 13th of February 2002 11:32:56 AM
Old 02-13-2002
Following command will find and list files older than 2 days from right now, not on clean calendar day divisions, and of course it also searches subdirectories:

find mydir -type f -mtime +2 -exec ls -ld {} \;

To remove them, change the ls -ld to rm -f

(Sorry knarayan, you covered it well, but your reply was not there when I started my reply)
Jimbo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command unix to list all files created since n month ago

Hello, I want to list all files that were created since 3 month ago. it exist a unix command to do it ? thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yacsil
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files with dates 3 months ago

please help me with this????? :confused: :confused: i need to create a program that will run in unix that will delete all files in a given directory that is at least 3 months old. first the program will need to automatically know what date it is right now to determine the files it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godalle
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file was created before 15 days ago.

How can I get difference date between today and 15 days ago and all filename is was created before 15 days ago? It has to be korn shell script. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YoungBlood
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files which created date before 10 days on HP-UX

Hi All, Could you please let me know if there is any one can help to create a shell script to remove some files which is the created date for them greate than 10 days (sysdate-10) Please try to email me on email removed Thanks in advance, Murad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad_fayez
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files created some days before?

HI, I have 2 questions. 1> Is there any code to see files that created some day or some time before in a directory??? 2> how or where i will find the last exit status of a process?? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the sum of files created 5 days before

Hi, I want to find the sum of all the files created 5 days ago and store it in a variable. (os is HP-UX) can this be extracted from ls -l Is there any other way of getting the sum of all the files created (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
DWWW-CACHE(8)							      Debian							     DWWW-CACHE(8)

NAME
dwww-cache - manage the dwww cache of converted documents SYNOPSIS
dwww-cache --lookup type location dwww-cache --store type location dwww-cache --list type location dwww-cache --list-all dwww-cache --clean DESCRIPTION
dwww-cache manages the cache of converted documents; it is part of dwww(7). An option (the first argument) specifies the operation. Some operations operate on the whole cache, and need no other arguments. Others need the second and third argument to specify the type and pathname of the original document. (See dwww-convert(8) for more information about the arguments.) The operations are: --lookup If the document is in the cache, output it to the standard output. Otherwise, output nothing and return a non-zero status. --store Read the document from the standard input, output it to the standard output and store it into the cache. If there was an older ver- sion already in the cache, remove it. --list Output information about one document in the cache to the standard output. The information is one line, with four space delimited fields: type, pathname of original, pathname of cached, and permanent flag (y or n). --list-all Like --list, but for all documents. --clean Forget all cached documents that have been deleted. dwww-cache maintains a database with information of the cached documents. The documents themselves are stored in separate files in the cache directory. When old documents are removed from the cache by a suitable crontab entry, they will still exist in the database. This operation removes all entries from the database where either the original or the converted file is now missing. To stop the cache from growing too large, an entry in root's crontab should remove cached files that have not been accessed for a while. For example, the following commands remove all documents that have not been accessed for ten days: find /var/cache/dwww -atime +10 | xargs rm -f dwww-cache --clean The idea is to first delete the old cached files and then clean up the database. The policy of cleaning the cache has been kept outside of dwww-cache to keep the program simple, and to allow maximum flexibility. The default dwww installation creates a /etc/cron.daily/dwww, which automatically cleans the cache each day. FILES
/var/cache/dwww/db The cache directory. /var/cache/dwww/db/.cache_db The database with information about all cached documents. This is a binary file, specially encoded for small size and high speed, and should not be touched by anyone but dwww-cache. SEE ALSO
dwww(7), dwww-convert(8). AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>. Modified by Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org>. See dwww(7) for copyrights and stuff. dwww 1.11.1 February 15th, 2009 DWWW-CACHE(8)