Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is lpr -P ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is lpr -P ? Post 15223 by Ashishm on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 06:33:34 AM
Old 02-12-2002
What is lpr -P ?

Hi ,
Could u please tell me What is lpr -P ?

Regards
Ashish MalviyaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

7.1 & HP Netserver LPR

Over the past few weeks i've installed Red Hat 7.1 on an HP LPR Netserver and everytime i've installed it, I get errors on the drives and it keeps having me run the fsck command and i suspect that its the scsi drivers, everytime you reboot it gets worse and eventually will no longer boot. I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyghtnin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpr landscape

Hi Can anybody tell me how to configure my printer to handle lpr -o landscape? Or what I need to do to print a text file in landscape format using the lpr command. Thanks Monique (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpq, lpr and printing problems

good day! i would just like to ask for advice regarding an lp problem i have.. we currently migrated a GIS appl from sol 2.6 to sol 8 but maintained the same version of jetadmin (for the appl plotters and printers). we are able to print files on a printer but not on a plotter. the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maria_iris
1 Replies

4. Solaris

bothered by bsd-gw[ID] lpr.error unknown printer (laser1)

Please help! This message is creating a space problem in my /var/adm/messages and I don't know where it's coming from. I don't have any printer on my system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kicko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we send fax to remote fax machine by lpr?

Hi all, Our application has to send Fax to our cutomer Fax number . I am using lpr -P faxser:test-fax <<dos format file>> I tested on our network Fax numbers . Its working fine. But when i try to send outside our network , its not sending all files are sitting in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help_need
1 Replies

7. Solaris

"lpr.error] Warning: Received SIGPIPE" continuously appearing in logs

On a Solaris 8 print server we're continuously (every 2 minutes or so) getting these messages in the logs: printd: Warning: Received SIGPIPE; continuing I've applied this patch and restarted the printd daemon, but it doesn't help: #109320-22: SunOS 5.8: lp patch Does anyone have any idea what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing using LPR solved

Hi Guys, I am using the following command in unix for printing. pr -t -l34 "$1" | lpr -r But i was not able to see the file getting deleted. Is anything wrong with the command. ---------- Post updated at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:38 AM ---------- Hi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kar1234
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print word doc using lpr command

Hi , We are trying to automate Printing the word document directly from the Server level to a Printer. We have printer registered and command I use is lp -d printername 1234.doc Even though the program completes fine, a print does not reach to the printer for word document. In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrashantTalele
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPR CUPS to Windows server and queue.

Hi everyone, Our office has a lot of printers (label & laser), and sometimes it gets quite hard to configure a new printer in CUPS as most printer manufactures does not provide drivers/ppd for CUPS/LINUX/UNIX. So we are trying to move to a Windows Print Server and run a Proof of concept. We... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Hussaini
2 Replies