Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Move files using wildcards ??? Post 12196 by Cameron on Thursday 20th of December 2001 08:44:08 PM
Old 12-20-2001
rwb1959,

Thanks heaps for the reply.

The build should be:

Nname="df"`echo $fname | cut -c4-5`
rename $fname Nname

Is this correct?
I'm preparing this at home before I go back to workon Monday.

Again, many thanks.

BTW - Why is it that mv is unable to handle wildcards in a similar fashion to: mv Nov??_df df??.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cat to combine files using wildcards

How do I use cat (presumably with a sh script) to combine all the files in a directory without listing them individually. Thank you for your patience with this very elementary question.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple files with wildcards

Hi All I am having hundred over file in the below pattern. AA050101.INI BB090101.INI . . ZX980101.INI Need to rename these files with an extension .bak AA050101.INI.bak BB090101.INI.bak . . ZX980101.INI.bak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files with wildcards

Hello, I am attempting to copy a series of files using a wildcard into a new subdirectory. however, I am clearly doing something wrong as it is not working. I want to copy all files in the directory that start with the letters kl but have other letters after this initial two letters into another... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenone
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
clm imac(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						       clm imac(1)

NAME
      clm imac - Interpret Matrices (c.q. MCL iterands output by mcl) As Clusterings.

clmimac  is not in actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode imac.
      The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm imac -imx <fname> [options]

clm imac -imx fname (input file) [-o fname (name/stem for output)] [-dag fname (output  DAG)]  [-overlap	str  (overlap  mode)]  [-sort  str
      (size|revsize|lex|none)]	[-strict  num (in 0..1)] [-h (print synopsis, exit)] [--apropos (print synopsis, exit)] [--version (print version,
      exit)]

DESCRIPTION
      Use clm imac to interpret matrices (as clusterings) output by mcl using mcl's -dump ite option.

Use clm imac only if you have a special reason; the normal usage of mcl is to do multiple runs for varying -I parameters and use	the  clus-
      terings output by mcl itself.  One reason is if you are interested in clusterings with overlap; early MCL iterands generally induce cluster-
      ings possessing overlap.	Another reason is to investigate how the cluster structure associated with the MCL process evolves over time.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input file)
	The input file is presumably an MCL iterand resulting from the mcl option -dump ite.

-strict num (in 0..1)
	Higher values (up until 1) will thin out the DAG constructed by clm imac. The default value is 0.00001, yielding the full DAG.

-o fname (file name/stem)
	Write to file named fname.

-dag fname (output DAG)
	Write the DAG (directed acyclic graph) constructed from the input to file. This DAG is constructed according to the  structure	associated
	with  diagonally positive semi-definite matrices as described in the PhD thesis Graph clustering by flow simulation.  Consult mclfamily(7)
	for references.

-sort str (size|revsize|lex|none)
	Sort the clusters either by increasing size, decreasing size, lexicographically by the indices they contain, or use the clustering exactly
	as obtained from the interpretation routine.

-overlap mode (overlap mode)
	With  mode  set  to  cut,  remove  any overlap by allocating the nodes in overlap to the first cluster in which they were found. Mode keep
	leaves overlap unchanged, and mode split results in overlapping parts excised and introduced as clusters in their own right.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm imac 12-068						      8 Mar 2012							 clm imac(1)