9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I would like to know how we can highlight/select a section of a file in vi and delete that section if we don't want to use the dd command to delete one line at at time. There is one where we don't want to delete the whole line , but up to a certain word. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2. Homework & Coursework Questions
1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory.
2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files
I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password.
What I need help with:
I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
can anyone explains me the last fields in the below cron job. Here it will run on 31st 23:59.. what is mean by 1-7/2 (first to seventh month) what /2 represents
59 23 31 1-7/2,8-12/2
Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I just started playing around with RHEL 5. What's the difference between adding crontab files to automate a daily task as opposed to adding them in the appropriate directory, such as cron.daily? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspol
hey all, I have question when am writing simple shell...
in the child am calling execvp, i want the parent to know when execvp returns - 1. how can i let the parent know the result of execvp
thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I found a nice page that explains crontab but I was wondering can the cron table be edited in a way other than with crontab -e? In other words, directly in some editor. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eBay
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. How can i know which version/type of unix i am running? any special commands?. I connect to a remote machine through SSH but have no clue what kind of unix that is (don't laugh :-))
2. Why does the machine i connect to have $ sign as its shell prompt sign while solaris has #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Dear Guys ,
I have some Questions , i need to have answeres for .
1. now if i took a back up for /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow , like simple copy .. and Install a new system , and paste those two files to the new system ... are the passwords and user info. going to work ?? is it posibble ?
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
I just want to know Three questions:
1.what is the name of c++ compiler used in Linux/Unix (like gcc compiler used for c ).And please tell me how can i compile the program of c++.
2. I have Devloped a program of Database in C Under Linux/Unix Enviornment and now i want to add some graphics... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001