10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
I've been trying to do some recursive searching but not been very successful. Can someone please help.
I have directory structure
so what I want to do is run a script and as its 2019/11/18/ today it would go and only search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following,
and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
this is what i have to find the files modified within the past 24 hours
find . -mtime -1 -type f -print0 | xargs -0 tar rvf "$archive.tar"
however i need to save/name this archive as the current date (MM-DD,YYYY.tar.gz)
how do i doo this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugenhagen_
4. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Write a C program to search the current directory for all pipes.
1. It will print the pipe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natwickley
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am preparing a shell script to backup a few config files on a daily basis, with a retention of 30 days. Need some help with syntax/examples:
The shell script (running as cron) would require the following:
1. create a sub-directory within a specified (backup) directory, in the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi, I have a question, is there any way I can, when i create a directory, put the current date on it so that the directory name will be "name-current date"? just curious (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aric87
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to find the time diffrence between currnt time and "abc.txt" file create time.
I have solve that but if the abc.txt file created last month then is there any process to find the difftent?
Create time of abc.txt is "Apr 14 06:48"
and currect date is "May 17 23:47".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankak
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway.
I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
I am making a script which check the directory and if there is today date file, it is showing message file is there for today date .
1) filename is accessline.win.$timestamp
2) On monday i have recieved two file in this directory with current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
How do you find the create date of a directory? I can see the modification date using ls -l but I'm looking for the create date.
Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka