9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have scheduled the script using cron between 25-31 of the month.
My script will trigger the ETL job once file is available in Windows path between these days(every 2 hours between 26 - 30 of every month ).
So my question : "if the ETL job completes cron should stop the running the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
The `bash` below uses the oldest folder in the specified directory and logs it. The goes though an analysis process and creates a log. My problem is that if there are 3 folders in the directory folder1,folder2,folder3, the bash is using folder2 for the analysis eventhough folder1 is the oldest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3. Red Hat
I am in the process of learning Linux OS.
How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup.
nohup ./servce_manager DEV &
Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
I'm new to Linux.
I have a windows server that run many processes on it.
In some cases the processes doesn't exit properly or just stop working and the process needs to be killed.
I was wondering how i can automatically (couple of times a day) check which process doesn't use any CPU... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramikom
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this:
1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently.
2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
I am creating oracle connection from one aix5.2 machine to another aix5.2 database machine. Oracle connection i am reusing it always. If there is now work for java thread to process, oracle instance will be idle and will be active once java thread processes.
We have installed OS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically.
Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service.
Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
I am elango. I am working with UNIX AIX version 5.
I am facing tow problem whenever I am trying to run a script.
1. The moment I run the script 3 more jobs are getting started automatically.
I used PS -ef command to check the running Jobs, I found totally 4 jobs
are running for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elango
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. Do I need syslog running in my services?
2. Is there such a critter for counterstrike installer for linux or do i need to use winex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000