10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file:
1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files.
2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders.
3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24").
4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I wanted to write a perl script to read the content in a file,the file content is either 0 (zero) OR 1. The idea is like this.
If (content =1), then it will proceed to perform some step. and then update the file content to 0(zero)
if (content =0), it will update the content to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hploh
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Input are file and file1
store.bal.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to implement a simple shell script program that does not make use of ls or find commands as they are quite expensive on very large sets of files. So, I am trying to generate the file list myself. What I am trying to do is this:
1. Generate a file name using shell script, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Below, I have a unix command, which can be executable for single file.
cat input.txt | sort -k3,3 > output.txt
I have 100 input files in a directory. It is hectic and time taking to run the above command for all the 100 files for 100 times.
Now, I want to execute the above unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files.
Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to deploy a JAVA application on two separate servers:
1. Web server (IBM HTTP Web Servers (IHS))
2. Application Server (WebSphere Application Server WAS7.0)
The static content will have to be deployed and handled on Web server. These would include GIFs, HTML, CSS, etc files.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chani27
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can I use the read command to read the contents of a variable? I'm trying by using the following code and getting nothing back. I'm in a Linux environment.
echo $VAR1 | read a b c d
print "$a $b $c $d" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
how can i read line by line from a file using unix shalle script?
Thanks and Regards
Vivek.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar