8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i'm just a beginner in unix environment- please help which book to read and which os to use!!! :confused: seriously i've no idea what is unix or how much capable it is!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav singh
2. What is on Your Mind?
I bought a Sony PRS-650 Reader to read books and I'm loving it.
For one thing, there are zillions of free books in epub format available for download for free. Many of them are out of print, so you would have to pay a high price to get a printed copy. Most current releases have to be paid for,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Could someone suggest a resource where I can start learning awk from scratch. I'm a biologist with little command line experience but I need some data analysis to be done. I've realised from reading forums and talking to bioinformaticians that awk is extremely powerful to perform... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
1. I would like to know which UNIX version I should use as a beginner and from I can get it?
2. How much hard disk space(drive space...in case of dual boot) does it require?
3. Can I run it from USB or Live CD?
4. Is there any need of installing UNIX if I have Linux... ie does Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
I am new to non Windows operating systems. Does anyone have advice on which UNIX OS vendor would be good for learning purposes. I was looking for a version of UNIX that runs on the Intel platform. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators
Hi am new to this forum and want to start learning and using unix and am wondering if any body can tell me where to get a free ebook to read, i saw some books that was recommended, books by Rich stevens but over here i can't get those books in our stores and i don't have credit card to get it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosman
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
does anyone know of a course for unix beginners (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moose