10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Foe example we have three environments int,qa and prod.Each environment has some number of servers.
echo "Enter the Environment i.e int,qa,prod"
case $env in
## Need command where all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can anyone please assist me?
I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I do not know shell scripting. But at work place, I have got an in and out shell scripting task. I just need to understand a very big script. Is there any tool in which I can place the script and it can tell me the meaning of the whole script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further.
The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:-
1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
5. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Write a bash shell script that takes as an argument a name. Then your script will ask the user for two numbers.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
Actually i have written one test.sh (shell program) in bash.
Here i have a variables $a which stored the value package1.
Now I want to write a regular expression inside the if command that "if $a variable contains letter p in the begining of the value package1 then it is coming true.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Everything else seems to be working, but this isn't. Is it the "cat..." that is wrong of the condition? Thanks.
cat tc_result.txt | while read LINE
let "files_run += 1";
echo "inside the if loop"
# save current filetype
case $LINE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
wwww wwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwww (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can any1 please help me...
i'm really lost in using bash shell scripting...
and i got to hand this up on monday...
please anyone teach me how to do this assignment...
Please use basic things because i just learn the program only... thanks
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fr0z3n999
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
i am new to UNIX. I have couple of basic questions.
1. Is the syntax for BASH shell programming same in the LINUX and SUN SOLARIS operating systems?
2. I have to work on BASH shell programming in SUN SOLARIS operating system. I am going through the documentation from the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazalis