10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a rather large file with a few million lines looking like this:
head -n 5 seq.txt
>HK1.2.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDC
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Please help me to update a file which contains date values as below:-
"1912108",2016-11-30,"2016-12-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaVM
I believe that all unix commands are programs which are written in c language, please correct me if I am wrong. Now suppose that I want to see the c source of common commands like echo, ls, mkdir etc, where I can I find the source, linux is open source I believe, so the source for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I need some help for some unix commands.
- List all processes in the file "ProcessUser.txt" sorted by the users and in the file "ProcessName.txt" sorted by the name of the process.
- How much time does the command "ls -alR /" need and compared to that, how much time is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOCKER3000
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i have taken a screen shot of the question. http://www.magicscreenshot.com/MagicScreenshot/REAdbT956kE.png
Please some one help me.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjamsheed
6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server.
And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients.
My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to write a small script to search in some specific directories to check if any file is present with a unix command name...
Means if the directory contains any files like cat, vi, grep, find etc i need to list those files into a file.
D (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I know that to create a pdf file I can use the txt2pdf command.
But if I would change an existing pdf file, by inserting lines in particular positions of this file, what can I use? And How? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fandwick
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
thank you for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix
Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81