10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have got 2 files which i need to compare and append based on the below conditions.
File 1 has data in the following format
File 2 has data in the same fomat
Now i need to compare the first 4 bytes in each line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
compare to flat files using awk .but in 4th field contains non ordered substring. how to do that.
andy|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below.
- I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2.
- I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two files and data looks like this:
File2 Contents (*** No Header ***)
I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am strugling from quite a some time to compare flat files with over 1 million records could anyone please help me.
I want to compare two pipe delimited flat files, file1 with file2 and output the unmatched rows from file2 in file3
... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhaeb
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a flat file with millions of records. .
Now I on this. (I prefer for AWK as its gives good performance.)
1 gopi ase ….
2 arun pl …
3 jack sutha ..
4 peter pm ..
4 peter pm ..
... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I searched the forum but didnt get much info.
I want to compare 2 files.
1)Newfile comes today with
2)Old file of previous day.
The files are same ,just the new files might have new records sometimes.
So I want to capture these new records in another file.
Can anyone help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script
Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am giving an example similar to the problem I have.
I have two data files of 10 columns each in which fields are delimited by comma(,). I need to compare compare the two files using the uniq col(col3). If there are any records in file1 and are not in file2 then I have check the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
does anyone know of a way to compare files update time (not only days - also hours and minutes) (command? scripts? perl scripts?)
Dori (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy