10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt.
The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
We have a problem about searching and copying files with variables.
we have variables like $year $jday $date and we want to search the files whose name contain these variables.
we tried *$year*$jday*$date or with ? instead of *
thank you everyone!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example:
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi guys, I am a newbie here :wall:
I need a script that can search for a file in a directory and copy the contents of that file in a new file.
Please help me. :confused: Thanks in advance~ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance:
1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them
2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file
4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
Sun Solaris Unix Question
Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
My OS is AIX 5.2
I would like some help in getting command syntax that does the following:
1. Searches simultaneously several directories downward;
2. Checks every subdirectory in each directory (and so on...) for file names that contain certain characters such as “~”, start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopeful
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script.
Please help its urgent
Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two comma separated value(CSV) files, say FileA and FileB.
The contents looks like that shown below.
1001,DES,24,F, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimate