8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers.
but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I *think* what I want to do is not only possible but easy, but as a "dummy" :) I can't figure it out. Here's what I have:
Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) laptop that is not in my house, but has an Internet connection.
Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) computer in my house that has unfettered access to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WesleyC
1) i want to switch myself from windows to linux OS. i have never used linux before. could u please guide me what distro i should install..
2) secondly i have to buy a new laptop. recommend me any good solid laptop for linux OS. coz i have heard u have to have problems with drivers when it comes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: relocate
What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions
i need to install linux flavor ubunto or sentOs not GUI is needed the only
problem is that in my home computer im using win2k ( don't ask my wife don't want to hear about Linux )
so i guess i stuck with installing some kind of virtual pc and install on top of it the Linux
what do you... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
OKay, I'm a complete dummy when it comes to Unix/Linux. I was under that impression that it's just like Windows, but not windows? I'm sure I sound like a moron.
First of all, I hate windows but I'm so very much a pc user. I'm not all that in love with Macs so, Mr.Gates seems like my only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceshiporion
In our computer lab we are windows networking.We have installed windows 2000 server on our IBM server and created a domain. All the computers are installed with windows 2000 porfessional and are a part of the domain. i have a installed Red Hat linux 9.0 on one system. I want this Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
:confused: Hey, I can't seem to find out where to to get LINUX or X-WINDOWS. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thnx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kirkey