9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Tips and Tutorials
I have seen some misinformation regarding Unix file permissions. I will try to set the record straight. Take a look at this example of some output from ls:
$ ls -ld /usr/bin /usr/bin/cat
drwxrwxr-x 3 root bin 8704 Sep 23 2004 /usr/bin
-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to change one of my Dir permissions to drwx--S--- Can you tell me which number i have to use.
Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am using cygwin and if i type ls -l it is giving like
drwxr-xr-x+ for directories.
My question is what is the meaning of '+' sign at the end?
its not giving that '+' sign for files.
Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
this may turn out to be something quite simple, but I haven't found the answer so far:
1) Is it possible to retrieve a list of user(ID) file permissions?
2) What is the most efficient way to create an alert/error message when/if those file permissions are denied? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hades1013
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Trying to do the following.
1. Run Windows installer from a unix server.
2. Let user run the shortcut but not allow access to the folder where the exe itself is running.
What I have done so far:
1. Copied the application to the server and placed in a folder called "data".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whiterabbit
Is anyone aware of a tool that would produce a report or an extract file of all users, the files thry are allowed to access and their associated rights permitted (Read,Write etc.) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobershaw
7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
What does the following mean in terms of file permissions.
-rw-rwSrw- 1 owner group 999 May 25 2004 file_name
What does the "S" stand for.
Thanks in advance for your input. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am currently running jsp pages on unix server. At the top of my page is the import statement: <%@ page import="survey.*"%>. This imports the survey folder which i have placed in the same directory as my jsp page- jsp-servlet.
However, when i try to run the page, its gives me an error saying that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moukoko
9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory
I want to change a file permission which just I can list , read, and write it. So, does anybody can tell me the command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a8111978