10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. What is on Your Mind?
Please read version Version 0.81 28 May 2018 of our draft
UNIX.COM General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) Compliance.
If you have any data privacy questions or concerns, or would like to see us address any other data privacy topic related to your personal data at UNIX.COM,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am a newbie to unix and appeared for an interview and was asked this question.
If i was working for a company as a support person on an application and has to monitor the logs how would i determine if there was outage by checking the logs and where would i search for the issue initially. and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenveerla
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am relatively new to the world of programming in general and to the UNIX System in particular. I have a bunch of theoretical questions related to terminology which I have come across in my coursebooks. I hope I post my question at the right place. Any help would be warmly welcome!
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks0
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Is there any UNIX or KSH Command to login to an linux/unix server and execute a command and then come back to the original server where u have executed the command.
SServer1 - Source Server.
DServer2 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a few general qns on unix, so I'd appreciate quick responses.
1. How do u read a file line by line and display its contents using KSH?
2. How to kill a process using only the name?
3. How to create an empty file with 1MB memory size?
4. How to append some content to an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasuke_uchiha
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting.
I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question.
Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am ftp'ing to one of our network drives to pick up a tar file. In the script, it does the ftp, but doesn't pick up the username and password. Do I need to script these a certain way so it knows this is input?
passwd (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
hello every one
can any one help me out i just want to trace what ever i am doing in linux 8.0 in the text mode to be saved in a text file so that at the end i can see my work what i have do. its just like oracle spool so you can see your work at the end .
for example what ever command u gave... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
1. How do we know what is my machine name and what is its IP address? (in Solaris)
2. If i want to know the amount of physical CPUs a Unix Box possesses (LINUX and/or Solaris) then what command i have to look. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have been asked to write a unix script to log and report all users logging on to our unix boxes as either the root or oracle users only on a 24 hour basis.
This should trap the logon and logoff time,if possible what they are doing and their username.
Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman