9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED:
sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt
(from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file)
then output to output.txt
Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
I am looking into virtualizing AIX 7.1 on our p7 machine that already has AIX 7.1 installed on it. I have a few questions about them:
1) In order to gain LPAR functionality, do I need to purchase PowerVM software?
2) I read that LPARs are managed from locally attached graphical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
I have an unfortunate need to redo a bunch of disk settings on a VIOS on AIX, so I was putting together a quick script to scrub everything it has, make the changes, and then put the mappings back. It works, I just am trying to get my awk a bit more up-to-snuff and wanted to know the proper way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
I have two simple questions
First is :can dhcp server NATIVE of solaris perform dhcp
updates of bind via dnssec like dchpd on linux?
Second: Is possible to build a pdc with samba and iplanet ldap server?Or is better with openldap?
I never found howto or discussions about iplanet server.
Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I'm a noob when comes to make files....
My intentions for the use of my make file are not that of a usual compilation, etc.
It is simply to copy some files from a RCS controlled area to a public area which has read rights only for a web page.
My dilemma comes in the form of sub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roxydogg28
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I've got a trivial question on using ed (yes, I know, other editors are better!)
How do I insert a line that is just a single dot? (That is, how do I insert a line that starts with a dot and then new line)
Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterl
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am a dummy in unix. I have 2 simple questions.
1) I am the adminstrator. I want to set a alias that applied to all the users. I do not want to update each user's .profile or .cshrc file.
So is there a way to update it in one file so that it applies to all users ?
Example : I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i am a total dummy of unix. i want to find out the following information from my Sun Solaris 8 Unix machine:
1) The command to display physical and virtual memory
2) The command to display the CPU
3) The command to display the total harddisk space.
thank u very much and have a nice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
My boss wants me to find out how often e-m users are accessing their account:confused:. The mail server keeps log of all logins. I want to use grep the 'usernames', but it should come out the moment it first encounters the username in the log. Can I do that? I want to avoid 10+ greps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin