9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm rather new both to the UNIX and scripting worlds, and I'm learning the ropes of scripting. Having said this, please excuse me if you notice certain basic errors.
I'm working on a script that implements .jar and .war files for a WAS environment and I need to perform certain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: levaldez
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
If there's anywhere to look this up, it would be just as helpful. I googled and really couldn't find anything relative to this.
ok... General Variables
1) When creating a script I made a file "prog1.sh" does it matter if the end is .sh or is this what has to be done like prog.bash or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
For some time I have intellistation 9111-285 and I installed AIX 6.1 on it. As a complete beginner I have 2 questions in general about AIX and two specific:
1. is the SMS (system management services) part of AIX? As I noticed when I had Yellowdog Linux installed they weren't available?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenashkov
4. Homework & Coursework Questions
1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory.
2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files
I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password.
What I need help with:
I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
5. Homework & Coursework Questions
This is the Test_Data.snp file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Before you get started working with these challenges, be aware that the first challenge is reformatting the test data... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlay2
1. I have never used or dealt with unix, linux, or any variation thereof, and want to. My biggest problem is that all the versions I've looked at want you to install from a CD or DVD, but I'm wanting to put it onto an Asus eeepc, which has no such drive. How would I go about installing on it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemming
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi everyone. I guess I am the new guy, and also new to Unix. I purchased a box of computer supplies at an auction, and found an unopened box of Compaq Smartstart. So here is what I have... Smartstart 2.5, Netware, Windows NT, OS2 & Lan Server, SCO Open Server release, SCO Unixware 2, Oracle 7 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darin
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I'm sure this is pretty infantile but I can't figute it out.
How to I load the nVidia driver for SuSE 9.2? I have no idea what the X environment is or how to quit it or how to run the nVidia patch.
Secondly how do I persuade my SuSE 9.3 computer to talk with my Windows XP network.
Linux... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgmwsnow
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have absolutely no experince with either one, and would LOVE to start from somewhere! So please guide me to some web sites (beside these great forums of course!) that I can obtain n00b information. (Books, links, resources, etc.)
What software OS? should I begin with? I have heard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CodeHunter