10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
cat > first.sh
tar -cvf 789.tar 456
cat > first
set ip 10.5.15.20
set user "xyz123"
set password "123456"
set script first.sh
spawn sh -c "ssh $user@$ip bash < $script" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya Avanth
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine.
Is this possible.?
Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command
> ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh
However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails.
Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a script like this (Yes, I know the DAY6 number isn't right - I'm just testing at this point):
DAY1=`date -I -d "1 day ago"`
DAY6=`date -I -d "2 days ago"`
ssh root@synology1 nohup rm -rf "/volume1/Fileserver/$DAY6"
I've tested the line to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orionizer
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
In a Shell scriipt with a SQL block I want to issue a query against a local DB and a remote DB on a remote server. The shell script is running locally.
This is how I connect to the local server. But I want the query to reference remote table in the join. Question can I specify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
HI Unix Gurus,
I an stuck in an interesting issue, where I am trying to execute a script on remote server after ssh.
The script on remote server is interactive,. Whenever it is called it hangs where it expects input from terminal and I have to terminate it.
I have searched through fourm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
i want to send a little script over ssh
this script mus download a report.tar then rename and move. the report name format is report_<host.with.dot>-10-09-20-11:55:25.tar
... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TigerGoods
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Just like to ask if it is possible to do the following:
1. Have a shell script that calls ssh username@destinationhost
2. Upon successful verification, we ssh into the destination host and automatically use ksh to run a shell script that resides in the destination host. (Hopefully no... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I'm in the midst of writing a login component for a series of shell scripts. What my login script does is this:
1. Prompt for username and read in username
2. Prompt for destination host and read in destination host
3. run ssh username and destination host
4. After user keys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a problem with trying to run a shell script that reads in user input, validates, and sets to a 'default' value if the input is not valid. I cannot get the portion of resetting to a default value to work. These lines are skipped, and the
value of x is still whatever the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b888c