10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am beginner to shell scripting, I have a archive script which will connect to the FTP server and archive the files from FTP source location to FTP archive location.
Now the problem here is, the script working for few files and not working for few.I am facing the below error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spidy
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
i need check if file_name exist on remote FTP or not
the FTP is anonymous and doesnt require username/pass (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
(1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file.
(2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
:mad: Hi All,
I have written a script, which will get the file from other server through FTP.
It is working fine, but i want to add a code which should first check, if the file is available in the source system and then do FTP, once successfully completed, it should delete the file.
Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I use a shell script to transfer files from UNIX to Windows 2000 server before the FTP i need to check whether any files with the same name exists. If the files are already present it need not be FTPed else the file should be FTPed.
Kindly help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a linux shellscript that checks a specific folder on a specific FTP-server whether there are new files or not. If there are new files I want to download them to a local directory (to gain access for an local application to these files). The problem is that the files I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrous
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to trasfer file from
1. Unix server A to server B
2. Unix server A to windows directory
Is there a way to check the size before and after FTP.
I want to check the size of the file in server A before FTP and in server B after FTP in case 1
In case 2 I want to check the size of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have written a code to ftp a file from one server to other.The ftp is happeneing successfully,but i am not able to capture the return code,to check if ftp has failed.
plz help me to find out the return code....this is urgent
below is the code i have written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
how could i check that the ftp oof any file is successfully done.
thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
The FTP perl module does not have any function which checks if the file downloaded is of size 0. Is there any way in perl to check while getting the files through FTP?
Sometimes, there might be a problem with FTP and the downloaded file maybe of size 0. Hence, I would like to FTP that file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod