10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Using RCP command we can transfer file from one server to another server.
While transferring we can rename the file also e.g.
File name = FILE123.txt (lying on Source server = oldserver)
Target Server Name = newyour
Renamed File = FILE456.txt
rcp FILE123.txt newyour:./FILE456.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to copy all files and directories with scp, but seems I am missing something?
/usr/bin/scp -p /custscripts/* rmprod2:/custscripts
doesn't copy directories and files under them.
Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am in the process of converting ftp transfres to SCP in my scripts.
Have some doubts with SCP command
1) currently script puts a list of ftp commands in afile and paasses the file to ftp as input
echo "user abc pwd" >inputfile
echo "ls *" >> inputfile
echo "quit" >> inputfile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I want to use scp in a script and have two questions:
1. Is there a way to use password in script, so script does not halt and ask for my password for remote box half way through?
2. The code below copies the file to my home directory on the remote server. How can I copy "file" to the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to copy all the files and subdirectory from a server.
scp pritish@ipaddress:/home/pritish -r $PWD
it copies all the files but not the directory, Can any one help me.
I want to copy files as well as subdirectory from a server directory
Note: Use CODE-tags when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use
scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
I have two servers.
server 1 - secure server running ssh only on solaris 9. I can installed whatever I need here as long as its reasonably secure
server 2 - running telnet (no ssh/scp installed) - I cannot change much on this server and cannot install much..
I need to pull some files from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Will an scp command always copy the files in an encrypted mode?
After trying this, I have got message Host Key not found in the database. &
Unable to write host key in my user directory.
Please anyone has an idea, how we can have secure copy with certificates exchanged successfully? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have to transfer a file from one server to another. say, my script is running on server 'A' and one file has to be transferred from server 'A' to server 'B' using SCP. i am using it as:
sourceserverA> scp -P <port> userid@serverBhostname:/put/this/here <sourcefile path>
but it is giving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi could someone tell me where to find a secure copy prog.
for unix and windows
thnx a lot
helios (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helios