9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. What is on Your Mind?
Here are some answers to some of the recent questions I have received about UNIX.COM. So, I thought I would take time to answer them here in this post:
Is it expected that the original poster "thank" everyone who responds to his / her discussion thread?
It is always a good practice in all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Hi Unix geniuses,
I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A.
i dont know if my answers are correct or not.
So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi Unix experts,
I require interview questions on UNIX. Tomorrow I have to interview a guy of 2yrs experienced. So I require the Q&A's.
Please provide the questions in a manner from Basics to Advanced with grading. We mostly use that guy for Unix shell scripting (support, maintenance).
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
I am new to this forum and I am preparing for interview .Kindly can anybody send me Solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
plese clarify me in the following area.
1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server?
2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1, why Boot server should be in a network in jumpstart?
2, what is the different between patch and package?
3, how to list the avilable NIC in solaris9?
4, User complaing system is slow (solaris) what are the steps to check?
5, what is hardware error and software error and Transport Error? in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Please please if anyone has time to answer them, this noob would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
1. whats $# in a shell script
2. whats a $* in shell script
3. Explain nohup with an example
4. If $1 is the first parameter, whats $0
5. How do you see the return code of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxmulder123