9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
I want to get a Linux Certification to start my Career in IT sector. My Qualification is MCS from a top university. Suggest me some Linux Certifications. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexwatson1711
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Can you suggest me a ebook for unix beginners. I am new to unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasingam
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i'm just a beginner in unix environment- please help which book to read and which os to use!!! :confused: seriously i've no idea what is unix or how much capable it is!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav singh
4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
1. I would like to know which UNIX version I should use as a beginner and from I can get it?
2. How much hard disk space(drive space...in case of dual boot) does it require?
3. Can I run it from USB or Live CD?
4. Is there any need of installing UNIX if I have Linux... ie does Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
I'm developing a dynamic library for notifications, this library is used for a daemon that i've programmed, when something goes wrong the library should send an email to an administrator, but since sending an email is a non-vital process then it can fail (it should work as an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
I am new to non Windows operating systems. Does anyone have advice on which UNIX OS vendor would be good for learning purposes. I was looking for a version of UNIX that runs on the Intel platform. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
I'm starting to learn AIX and looking for some books.
I found lots of IBM redbooks, but which one is 'best' for beginners ?
Could someone suggest one.
Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
Good morning. Thanks for the very valuable hard-to-find information I get from you guys.
Can anybody give any suggested websites or references for anyone who wants to begin learning on programming applications in X? Thanks to anyone in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist