10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
I was handed the job of restoring a drive on a old Sun Micro server running Solaris 8. The person who created the backup files told me I would need to use UFSrestore to restore the drive. I have read about everything on ufsrestore that is on this forum and have a decent grasp on how it... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CurtArnold
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore.
Here is what 's happening:
* I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
Attempting to patch several servers using live upgrade
Release: Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86
Error I'm receiving is in the message in the log below
tail -15 /var/svc/log/rc6.log
Legacy init script "/etc/rc0.d/K50pppd" exited with return code 0.
Executing legacy init... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
How to relabeling the disk VTOC
if i relabel the disk the previous data is available or not (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu.bezawada
1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve?
2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem?
Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
Does anyone know how I can remove the VTOC from a disk. I'm trying to initialize this disk under VxVM but it won't let me as there is still a VTOC present on the disk. I don't want to encapsulate the disk. I just want to have a raw disk that I can play with. Any ideas?
Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
I tried to use zfs .. only for test ..so when I take my test disks into zfs pool their VTOC changed .. and 7th slice does not appear now. How can I restore default VTOC to my disks.
my machine is x86 .. SunFire X4200 .. so this disks do not have slices like sparc machines .. they have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
if my VTOC is corrupt or deleted then what to do.....is there any method to reconfigure that........
my second question is , how to see the data block and super block .....
my third question is what is the difference between raw device & block device.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Can you backup the vtoc, then restore it if you somehow mess it up?
This is solaris 9, x86. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
1. Can someone explain, how to obtain the information about every logical volume in the system?
2. And then list vtoc on every volume in the system?
O.S.: UnixWare 7.1.*
shell: ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gold4u