9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes.
I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have different things that I was trying to do but am kind of struggling with this since I'm a Linux noob. The backround is that I have two files with student names in the same directory, and each file lists the student name, their major and their grade level. What is the most efficient way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybeer
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to delete the logs using logadm command. we have application that generates to logs automatically with different dates every day like error_20121121.log and so on... using lodadm can i delete the logs of last 10 days using crontabentry? i am confuse here becasue if we use logadm what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani4u
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I entered a command at the prompt and it's interactive (not background). It gathers some stats and writes them to a file. I want to see this job running and what it's doing - I/O especially and maybe CPU and stuff. What can do to see this (say using a second session?)
I know it's a long job but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
5. IP Networking
1) Is the MIB II table that can be accessed through the function m2IpRouteTblEntryGet() the same as the IP Routing table that the IP layer uses to do its routing work?
2) Is there a set of API functions, other than m2IpRouteTblEntryGet(), that are available to access entries in the IP Routing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nzeidat
Right now I am a Microfocus COBOL programmer, working on a HP-UX system. I want to now get Certified as a HP Certified Systems Administrator. I ordered a book from amazon and will start with it. I also will be working at my job with someone who applies the patches and things as we do NOT have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie21
1) After I install a new kernel in Debian Sarge, it updates my menu.lst file for grub, but incorrectly. It assumes it should boot from partition hd0,0, but this is incorrect. How do I change this faulty assumption?
2) If grub fails to find a kernel, grub allows me to enter a path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
I have a log file that I want to rotate each day without keeping old copies. how to achieve that?
thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
Hi guys!! I was wondering if you can help me with a couple quick questions in order for me to understand it better... Any help would be appreciated and i would like to say thanks!! In advanced... Ok here goes... (I think these are pretty basic, but i just want to clarify)
1. What would be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist