Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location

Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location
# 1  
Old 10-14-2012
Data Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location

Unable to mount location Can anyone help with this please?

Since recently installing 12.04 from a downloaded live CD onto my desktop computer, I have been unable to re-establish a network connection with my other local computer in Nautilus. I have once had the following message displayed:

"UNABLE TO MOUNT LOCATION
DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs:Mountpoint Already registered"

The desktop has a wired connection to hub and the other machine is wireless connected. The latter still connects to the internet OK.
Previously, I was using Ubuntu 11.10 which the other machine is still using.

Samba 4 is installed, but I have since run Code:
apt-get autoremove
and the following is an extract of the report:

Code:
dpkg: error processing samba4 (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 126 No apport report written because MaxReports has already been reached Errors were encountered while processing: samba4 E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Is there a bug please?? Any comments or suggestions will be welcome, thanks.
# 2  
Old 10-15-2012
Why use samba to connect from a Linux distro to another? You can have better performance/security with ssh.
# 3  
Old 10-16-2012
Bug Thanks

Thanks I will try that. Samba is removed
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to mount.

Hi, I am unable to mount the AIX share on Red Hat Linux 5.5 getting below error on linux server while mounting. reason given by server: unknown nfs status return value: -1 I have checked on AIX side. lssrc -g nfs showing below output. bash-3.00# lssrc -g nfs Subsystem ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to create local mount point at startup?

how to create local mount point at startup Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on xxxxxxxx 370.00 180.08 51% 24500 1% /test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

After FTP unable to move file to other location

Hi Experts, I am using below script and facing some problems.. cd /home/user/test rm ftp://ftp.log Example: A_Bachfile_09292011.txt A=`ls -1 "A*.txt"` compress $A C=`ls -1 "A*` hostname="test.gmail.com" user="raju" Password="******" ftp -n $hostname <<EOF >>ftp.lpg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajubollas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to access a variable not local to a while loop

I have a while loop like this cat ${filename} | while read fileline do ... done I need to access a variable value $newfile inside this while loop How will i do that?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount CD from local laptop to UNIX server remotely

I need some help in emergency. I want to add some software package from Solaris 10 CD remotely to UNIX Sparc machine. I can remotely access into the machine. Question is: how do I insert Solaris 10 CD in my laptop, then mount to UNIX machine remotely and add software package. Please give me the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a remote location script from local server

hi i am having two servers one is local and remote(FTP)server.from local server i have to connect to remote server and execute a shell script i want to run a shell script(remote location) from my local server i am having some knowledge on ftp but i am not getting the result .please give ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I like to mount a remote/local diskette...!

Hi...! I have to connect a remote machine (solaris server) from a workstation, and I want to access the local diskette. I like mount the local diskette in the workstation, not the remote diskette (in the server). The server is a Solaris 2.7 in a Sun Ultra 450. The workstations are Sun Ultra... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayron
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question